PDA

View Full Version : So scared of Heart attack I cant even bath!

deon
15-01-10, 20:20
I went to my Doctor after a year or so, the panic is back with a vengeance after going threough bankruptcy, now I get panic attacks if a do anything physical or go in a car or have a bath! ( i know heart attacks can be caused by raised blood pressure, and hot bath raises blood pressure therefore, quite logically if I get in the bath I will die!? Ive just given my bath to the wife so she's happy! The doctor said to have another ECG and bp test with bloods to reassure me, but this can't work! If it was that easy to remove my phobias with a logical proof I would have done it a long time ago :(
this is pants....
Deon

Vanilla Sky
15-01-10, 21:34
omg, that was me , i was terrified to have a bath incase something happened but that stemmed from having a panic attack whilst in the bath . The only way you can overcome it is just get back in ! Do it when someone is in the house with you, don't lock the door and gradually get rid of the fear , it will go eventually but you have to face it first. And anyway if this was a threat that caused heart attacks by raising bp do you not think that there would be a warning given to all heart patients ?.... I think not..... get your logic back and say pants to the phobia lol good luck Paige x

Typer
16-01-10, 13:17
Agree with paige - do it when someone is in with the door open. Face the fear and see you will live through it.

Just to say I know this fear and it is not nice. How awful that once something starts, even when the reason is gone we are left to panic still. Read Claire Weeks to learn how to cure this