PDA

View Full Version : Positive messages while you sleep?

deon
15-01-10, 20:56
I was talking to a relative, the other day and she told me she had a pillow with speaker in it so she could fall asleep to calming music, I wondered if anyone's tried going to sleep whilst listening to reassuring messages on their MP3 / ipod whatever. Could this work - fight 16 hours of negative thinking with eight hours of positive reassurance?

onceagain
15-01-10, 21:36
I will certainly say that calming music does work when I plan it but I will certainly give it a whirl it can't do any damage but what results if it works .. ((hugs))

pjb
16-02-10, 19:48
i just bought a cd on silent technology subliminal messages. It's basically an extremely low sounding kind of repetitive positive thinking that you can play anytime. I play it while I sleep and when I'm at home. You can't hear anything, but your subconcious can.
I've only been doing it a few days and feel great, but I'm not sure if it's because of the cd or because I've been doing other exercises.

NoPoet
16-02-10, 20:55
Hi, I regularly listen to relaxing hypnosis mp3s, and they definitely make an improvement to my mood. I listen to them when I get in bed at night if it's not too late, otherwise I like to listen to them if I wake up early, cos they always knock me out. I am very much in favour of hypnotherapy, self-hypnosis and relaxation tapes.

I've heard of the alpha-wave stuff that makes noises and I hate it. It confuses me for some reason and it "sounds" like a migraine, if anyone knows what I mean by that. I find alpha waves quite stressful to listen to.