PDA

View Full Version : Omg it's just me

Lilow12
15-01-10, 23:28
well went to the doctor's today for test results... all clear.... didnt know weather to laugh or cry... i had convinced my self that it was somthig medical.... so now I have to face it and deal with it ... I SUFFER FROM PANIC AND ANXIETY .... doctor wants me to take S.S.R.I meds , I want to help myself get better and take the meds, but the things i have read about them make me scared to... I dont think i would cope with the side effects....I keep getting bad pain in left side of chest and arm so am convinced that it's my heart.. have to give up the SMOKES asap.....its like two parts of my brain having a fight all day long.. one side says " look laura you know its anxiety that is causin all these horrible feelings you are ok " then the other side " oh my god ive a pain in my chest again it has to e my heart i am going to die. what about my kids what will happen " but i am conviced there is something wrong with my chest/heart.. i am sooo tired
:blush::scared15::scared15::scared15::scared15:

Bill
16-01-10, 05:19
Re: so scared

(I've copied my earlier reply to your other thread here and added).....

From what I've read, it sounds like you have a fear of being on your own which then makes you panic. The anxiety symptoms you then experience frighten you so much that they then make you worry something will happen to you but no one will be there for you.

Therefore, every time you Know you'll be on your own you immediately begin to panic because you Know you'll start feeling those symptoms. The symptoms then surface because you've started to panic about them surfacing because they frighten you so much which then makes you fear being on your own with no one there for you.......and so on.

In other words its become a cycle. Is that right?:shrug:

If so, the tests most likely won't find anything because your symptoms are being created by your fear of being alone and your fear of the symptoms with no one there for you.

To quote you on one of your previous posts which might help you.....

Frist I want to say, Positive thinking and keeping ur self buzzie is a very good way of over coming anxiety, i have been doing soooooo well the last few months,

If you can get back to doing the above, you'll find the symptoms will ease and you'll then worry less about being alone which will then prevent the symptoms surfacing.....and so on.:hugs:

(Adding to the above, I'd also suggest you read my "Is this you" thread in the panic section as there maybe some parts in there that might also help you.....I hope.:hugs:)