PDA

View Full Version : Very brief memory loss?

gaz1983
15-01-10, 23:48
Hi all

I gave up alcohol and caffeine NYE and suffered pretty severe anxiety depression for a few days

Thankfully this subsided as the days went on and for the last few days I have felt great particulary this morning

Anyways a few hours ago whilst driving with friends I experienced one of the "fainting- light headed" panic attacks which came out of nowhere

which was kinda scary whilst driving but even weirder was in the restaurant mid sentence I completely lost my train of thought and had no idea about the subject matter being discussed for a few seconds despite the fact I am very well read on it

Weird huh

Anyone else experience memory loss mid attack?

Maj
16-01-10, 10:44
iI've been in mid sentence before and been distracted and forgot my train of thought - don't know if this is what you've experienced? If it happens again though I think I'd mention it to the doctor as there are others things that can cause this.
Myra:hugs:

gaz1983
16-01-10, 11:15
Thanks Myra yeah If these attacks etc persist I am going to see the doctor

Thanks!

moore
16-01-10, 18:13
are you sure it wasn't just that you were obsessing over the attack and therefore not "storing" memories of what's happening around you?
I know I find panic attacks so distracting that I cant concentrate on my sentences sometimes, and stumble over words or just change subject or stop mid sentence. Other people must think its properly weird. Its because my brain is going at 100mph about symptoms, and panic, and totally overrides what's going on outside.
could it be anything like that?