PDA

View Full Version : Pets

Brownie
03-02-04, 01:18
Hi all,
I am a VERY big animal lover. I actually have 8 cats and I had the cutest chihuahua In the world who was like my child, my pride and joy lol! She was my Valentines Day gift 2 years ago from my boyfriend her name is brownie, now ya know where my name comes from lol.Well this past July we broke up and he wont give her back to me[V] (the jerk lol!) Well enough about that, I am very sad about that! , I just think that having a pet around is very comforting. playing with them and just loving them . They are good medication(LOL) For panic and anxiety.
-Christie[:I]

I know no one probrably wants to hear about this but, im just in a mood to talk lol ;)

Buby
03-02-04, 01:24
ill talk to you if you want but im switching between this and another forum. im also a cat lover i have 4cats...sweet int they?

rachelxx

diana
03-02-04, 04:27
Hiya Christie and Rach,

I too love pets, much better than Rx meds and more obedient than my children LOL...... :). They give you such an unconditional love don`t they? I love my dog, he is an American Cocker Spaniel (Like I could tell a difference) LOL........ :) He is 3 years old now, we got him when he was like 9 weeks old. I don`t know what I would do without him sometimes. We also have a Chinchilla (a grey one) he is sweet as can be, but more my husbands pet than mine. LOL................ :) Christie, I know how it is when we lose a pet no matter what the circumstances. It`s like losing a family member is`nt it? I am sooo sorry that your ex won`t give you your pup back. I had the cutest Chihuahua when I was growing up too. Her name was "PEACHES" who I also loved to death, she was so protective of me, I thought that was so very cute. I mean as little as she was, she was trying to protect me all the time. LOL................ :) Atleast you have your cats dear!!!!!!!!!!!! :D.

Take care you 2

Diana xxxxx

Laurie28
03-02-04, 13:07
Christie,

What a JERK. I am a dog lover and have toyed with the idea of getting one. Although I have decided against it as the hair drives me MAD!!!! I'm not into cats at all I'm allergic to them and find them fraky anyway.

I hope you get Brownie back soon

love
lucky

nomorepanic
03-02-04, 20:41
I have 3 cats - look at http://www.mismatch.co.uk/ourcats.htm

They say that pets know when you are ill or feeling down and they come and sit with you. Nothing better than a good fuss eh?

It also gives you a reason to get up and get out. I don't have a dog, but if you have one then you get out and take it for a walk so that is good for the anxiety as well as your health.

Nicola

diana
04-02-04, 02:03
Hiya Nic,

Went to the mismatch website, looked at you kitties. They are beautiful. I really like Walnut LOL........ :) I know what you mean about our pets knowing when we are not feeling well. My Cocker Spaniel always knows when I am not feeling well. He comes and sits with me or lays his head in my lap always looking up at me to see if I am okay.I think that is soooo cool!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Diana xxxxx

stimpy
04-02-04, 11:05
Apparently stroking the fur on pets is meant to be calming.
When I went through my panic monster stage the cat sat with me all the time.
When I can't love the bunny rabbit and cat's gone out I love Care Bears instead.

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx

[:p] Panic Monster & Scatty Eccentric

nomorepanic
04-02-04, 20:08
Hi Diana

Glad you like the pics. Walnut is a lovely cat and Dougal and Treacle are her kittens - yes she got out and the local moggy fancied a bit of posh ;)

We have since had her spayed but not before 3 litters of kittens - they were so beautiful cos they were half British Blue so very soft coats.

Cats are much easier to keep that kids too!! LOL

Nicola

diana
05-02-04, 06:42
I agree Nic,

Way easier to to keep than kids LOL.............. :). Wow!!!! bless her heart, for having (3) litters of kittens. I`ll bet they are beautiful. Hey I think all the locals fancy a bit of "POSH" LOL...... :)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take care,

Diana xxxxx

nomorepanic
05-02-04, 21:22
Diana

When she was on heat she went mad and ripped all the wallpaper off the walls by the window and we just had it done!!

We were painting the bathroom and she jumped out the bathroom window to get out and she got sneaky and would wait by the front door so when we came home from work she was waiting to escape.

And the noise - all night - wailing!!! It was awful.

She is fine now she has been spayed and it actually made her more friendly too.

All of the kittens went to good homes and I still see some of them so that is cool!

The only thing that worries me is that they were all born in this house - including Walnut and we live on a quiet dead-end road. They are not very good at roads and just see it is an extension of the pavement so they lay in it!!

There have been a few closes misses from cars. If we moved I don't think they would last long if it was near a busy road! How do you teach a cat the green-cross code!

Nicola

diana
06-02-04, 19:40
Nic,

I can imagine your despair, with the ripping down of the wallpaper and the wailing all night. My goodness what a scene that must have been. LOL................. :). Funny for me, but sure it was a mess for you. I hope there will be no casualties for the kittens or Walnut, as I don`t think there is a way to teach them the cross code yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I`m sure somewhere somebody is working on that though. I understand there is even a new device that can "TRANSLATE" what your pup is barking at you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL......... :) What a concept ey? I think maybe sometimes we would`nt want to know what their barking means :).

Take care,

Diana xxxxx

Brownie
06-02-04, 20:02
nicola I know exactly what you went through, with your cat going into heat I have to say the worst part was the howling and strange noises they make ALL NIGHT LONG! lol, thank goodness all my cats have been spayed and neautered ( I know i spelled that wrong!) Except for our new addition, molly, but hopefully she wont start her heat for a while! The first cat that me and my family ever got was a beautiful black stray, we always let her out side and about 4 years after we got her she found her way to the major road and unfortunatly we never saw her again :(. But ever since then my mother swears never to let any of our cats outside, even though a couple have tried to escape they were luckily found! But cats are usually very smart with cars and things.

nomorepanic
06-02-04, 22:41
Thanks Sadie and Brownie

I am sure they will be ok but it will take a big scare for them to realise they can't sleep in the road!!

The back of our house leads onto fields so we have the added problem of a whole field of dinner - lol - mice, voles, moles, birds lizard things etc. In the summer we can't get them out quick enough before another one comes in!!

Nicola

Brownie
10-02-04, 08:01
EVERYONE!!!
I get to see my little baby brownie on Wedneday! I had to write beacuse this is the happiest I've been In months!!!! (I know I'ts lame) Im so happy though ..LOL
-Christie[:I][:I][:I][:I][:I]

nomorepanic
10-02-04, 18:24
Christie

That is cool !! Is there no-way you can get him back forever?

Nicola

diana
10-02-04, 19:25
Hiya Christie,

I am sooo happy for ya!!!!!!!!! :). Glad to hear you get to see your pup on Wednesday. Is the ex trying to get in your good graces???? LOL..........:) Let us know how wednesday goes. I know it will be wonderful for you. You know I have`nt forgetten to send you photos of my pup, but I am having the worst time trying to send them. I have scanned them and everytime I click on "send to" I am directed to Outlook Express to e-mail them out. When I put your address or anyones address in for that matter I am told that an error has occurred. Any idea or suggestions on how to correct this problem? Anyone? I have just gotten this "MULTI FUNCTION CENTER" that scans, copies. faxes and prints and I have`nt a clue as to how to perform certain tasks. This being one of them. I would really like to know how to e-mail these photos out to folks. It is frustrating!!!!!!!!!!! :(. I would love to see your pup too, maybe you could send your photos to me and then send me directions on how to send mine to you LOL..... :) Is`nt this pathetic????????????? :( Well I hope to hear from you soon. Have a great time during your visit with Brownie on wednesday.My e-mail address is DOchoa_1966@msn.com

Take care all,

Diana xxxx

nomorepanic
10-02-04, 21:56
Diana

You might be better saving the scanned pics to hard disk and then emailing them as a file attachment - do you know if you can save them to disk?

Nicola

diana
11-02-04, 14:37
Hiya Nic,

Not sure, but I am gonna be sure to check though, This is ridiculous. I got this "Multi Function Center" so I could perform these types of tasks and I can`t figure it out to save my life :(. I am determined though. I will let you know if I can do that or not. Thanks for the suggestion :D

Take care,

Diana xxxxx

Brownie
12-02-04, 19:11
Hey everyone,
I finally got to see my little pup brownie yesterday!!! I was so nervous she was'nt going to know who i was..... But she ran right to me! I was so happy!!! Me and my mother met my ex at the park and I got to play with brownie for about an hour... But next, hopefully sometime this or next week she might be able to come over my house and stay for a few hours, which I am very excited about!!! Yes Diana I do think he is trying to get in my good graces (LOL) and I really have no clue how to help with pics, my moms the genius of all the computer stuff lol, but I am gonna send you a few pics after I get finished writing. Also, ladies I night post a new topic today or tonight cause i kinda of need some advice on something that is bothering me and giving me a lot of panic if that is ok ;)

diana
12-02-04, 19:25
Hiya Christie,

Great news!!!!!!!! You got to see your pup. I know you are very happy. I figured your ex would be using the pup as a tool to get back into your life LOL..... :-) Let me know how everything goes. I will be looking for the pix of your pup. I am still trying to figure out how to get mine off through e-mail, wish me luck. If I figure it out you will know because you will be the first to receive pix from me by way of e-mail LOL........ :-). I hope all goes well, so that your pup is able to come spend a few hours with you next week.

Take care dear,

Diana xxxxx