PDA

View Full Version : down

Ronny
16-01-10, 22:37
Hi,
just thought i would share with you all my night out.My hubby and I went out for dinner last night and I decided I would walk and not take my chair,having cerebal palsey i am now finding it harder to walk.When we arrived,the waitress thouhght i was drunk and asked us to leave,as i do not drink iwas really offended and told her off big time,she said sorry but that did not help,as i was spitting chips by this stage.The head chef came over and said our meal is on the house,which made more wild,as i don't expect a free meal,just an apology.Why are people so ignorant ? Is it the way they are taught?I am pysically challenged,not mentally challenged,(some people may argue that one lol)But dumb people are out there .......some walk amongst us........In the end we left anyway,my hubby started a bit of a scene to,he is a bikie with the Hells Angels and was wearing his colors and that did not go down well either,so out the door we went.Any way folks,today is anew day and I am over it.......But still a little pissed off,gotta learn Don't sweat the small Stuff.
Thanks for listening.
Ronny

Veronica H
17-01-10, 16:05
:bighug1::bighug1:Only takes one ignorant idiot to ruin it for you. Glad you stood your ground though. Maybe you taught her something.

Veronicax

Typer
17-01-10, 17:30
Oh how awful to be accused of being drunk! yes some people are still out of touch. I had a friend who had MS (long time ago) and when she first had the MS she was often ridiculed as a drunk.

I thought the meal was a form of apology I guess, or an attempt at one...but it was for the waitress to apologise, not the chef.

Anyway, many hugs :hugs:

margaret jones
17-01-10, 17:34
Ronny well done for staying cool my question is did you get any Dinner ?? :D

Take Care Margaret

Ronny
17-01-10, 20:55
just to let you know........we did not have dinnner after allthat............was'nt hungry lost my appetite
Thanks for listening........... Ronny:)

SueBee
17-01-10, 22:12
Hi Ronny,

What a disgusting way to be treated in 2010 - makes you wonder if we have progressed at all in this supposidly 'politically correct' world we live in!

If I were you, I'd write a very strongly worded letter to either the manager, or if its part of a chain, customer srvices. At least then you will be able to get your views aired about your treatment and the matter won't be brushed under the carpet and forgotten (gotten away with) You may find that you'll get an offer of a meal to be taken at your own leisure, rather than to be abused, then be expected to enjoy a meal.

Don't let the ignorance of others get you down :)

BabyRachel
18-01-10, 09:46
Wow your hubby is in Hells Angels? No wonder they offered you a free meal - they were probably scaredy cats! hehehe.

I'm really sorry you had a bad night tho Ronny, some people are just bloody ignorant and don't think before they speak. I'm glad you said your peice. I understand, you don't want charity you just want to be not judged and treated equally and for people to apologise when they are in the wrong.

I hope you've put it out of your mind and are feeling better hun.

xxxx

Ronny
22-01-10, 04:37
Thank you all for your kind words again.
My hubby andI have just returned from a few days up North,we took his mates motorbike and sidecar,so I could take the dog.it was lovely we stayed at Club Croc,and then in a cabin at Airlie Beach,they let us have our dog there,which was great.Anywayback home again (chite).:)