PDA

View Full Version : Weird chin bump.....:S

B-gal
16-01-10, 23:04
Hi, Im 24 and dont really get spots anymore, but when I do it doesnt ever look like whats going on now. I started to feel a bit of my skin quite tender on my chin and thought it was probably the beginning of a spot or something cause thats how it usually feels. But all of a sudden today the lump under the skin has gone about the size of a 10p piece and its becoming visible. Its not discoloured but it is slightly redder in the middle and looks like its about to be a spot. Im just wondering if anyone has experienced this happening with spots because Im a little worried that the bump is so massive and it is a visible big bump. Starting to freak that its a boil or something..... :S I always take my make up off and cleanse my face, but I started using nightcreams more regularly than I used to and I dunno if its related. But I hope its not like a boil or summin. It feels a little harder than it did earlier too. I have been stressed out with uni lately so it might have come on through stress :S eek. Any advice would be brill.

xxx
xx
x

moore
17-01-10, 00:41
if it moves around with the skin then its going to be either a spot as you say or a cyst.
I dont want to worry you but I had a sebaceous cyst on my chin for years..though it did eventually go away, they do tend to.

Put warm cloths on it. See a doctor if it doesnt shrink, not because its at all dangerous, but because they can give you treatment to help it go away. Sometimes theyll give you antibiotics. Not sure what that does to help but hey.

Worst case you can have it lanced. I have a massive one on my head that's going in that direction to be honest - thats more like a £5 note than a 10p. Well, nah, it just feels like it :)

hope that helps!:)

B-gal
17-01-10, 01:34
hi thanks for the reply. Im not sure that it moves around with the skin..Ive had a cyst before and it def doesnt feel like that. It kinda feels spongy and slightly hard in the middle. I hope it is just a spot, but Ive never known one to have such a massive bump with what feels like an awful lot of fluid under the skin. Its almost the same colour as my skin, maybe a wee bit red, but Im just worried its gonna be a boil or something..:S

xxx
xx
x

Rob83
17-01-10, 01:45
Just sounds like a spot to me. I wouldn't worry about it, your night cream may have blocked a pore or something really not serious like that. It will be gone in a few days, try witch products if you're prone to spots, works very well.

Anxious_gal
17-01-10, 04:09
I get those spots under neat the skin. I get mild adult acne. I'm 23.
it can also be caused by shaving too i think.
for me they always eventually go away but they can be quite painful.
good news is, its very common and harmless! :-)

B-gal
17-01-10, 11:17
Hi thanks so much for replying. It seems to have died down a bit today, the lump is smaller and it is starting to look like it might turn into a normal spot. I think I was just freaked out by the size of the bump, honeslty thought I was gonna have a massive boil or something cause I dont usually get spots. But fingers crossed thats it dyin down. I actually just remembered that I had a sauna two nights ago...maybe its related. Thanks again :)

xxx
xx
x

Brunette
18-01-10, 13:06
I think spots like this, the ones that hurt but never really develop, often occur where the bone is close to the skin and feel worse as a result.

I remember once having a spot on my forehead. It seemed huge but when you think about it the only way it could go was up and out!

B-gal
19-01-10, 00:57
yeah it does feel strange, it doesnt feel like theres as much fluidy stuff under the skin anymore and it seems to be more localised now rather than a massive lump. Hopefully it will keep dying down. Feel quite silly worrying over what is prob a spot, but I did honestly think it was going to turn into something else like a boil or god knows what because it was so huge.....Hypochondria strikes again lol

Thanks again
xxx
xx
x

xxx