PDA

View Full Version : tickly throat really bad cough

she1973
16-01-10, 23:30
i'm sorry to post again but i need some sort of support reasurrance guidance oh i don't know!!!!!!
out of my mind with worry had this tickly cough now for 8 months had 2 chest x rays both clear one was 2 weeks ago.... but the cough changed from being very dry to chesty phlemy so dr prescribed antibiotics which helped at the time clear the phlem up but not the cough or the tickly throat now the chesty cough is back coughing up bit of phlem but not much so scared i have lung cancer cause of this constant tickly cough and pain in my ribs from all the coughing day in day out even friends are commenting on how much i cough which makes me 10 times worse too scared to go to see the emergency dr......
my dr examined me the other week and said my chest sounded clear so scared
has anyone had this tickly throat and cough for months on end
i'm out of my mind with worry my panic and anxiety levels are sky high
please someone help me

Trish
16-01-10, 23:47
Hiya
I have had the same thing for about a month now, my cough goes from being chesty to a really annoying tickly one that keeps me from sleeping :mad:
It is getting better but i still feel a tad off colour and it does get me down, so i can only imagine what it must be like for you having it for so long:weep:

Try not to worry, easier said than done i know, maybe go back to your GP and tell them that you can't put up with it anymore and you need answers as to why its not clearing up....it could well be an allergy?!

Trish

Starscream
17-01-10, 01:59
Hi

I have had a tickly throat since December the first.

It has never went away.

My coughing isn't THAT bad, just seems to be for 10 minutes total per day. I don't really get why it's not went away.

reader 2009
17-01-10, 21:07
hi

i had a throat infection last february and had a tickly throat cough for about 6 months after i even coughed through most of my wedding ceromony!

anyway i found out that is you've had a bad throat or a cough it leaves a weak spot in your throat which irritates the membrane and you get the awful tickly cough thing!

its gone now it did go eventually but at one point i thought it would never go...

i hope this helps

love

reader 2009