PDA

View Full Version : Can stress/anxiety give you constant itchy feelings on your body ?

Starscream
17-01-10, 01:57
My scalp and my hands recently have been extremely itchy.

I seem to have a lot of hard skin at the back of my scalp.

My forehands are always itchy and when I scratch the rashes they come out in are horrendous.

Rashes, as we know, are symptoms of some really bad signs.

Now I dont know if it's because I am leaning my forehand against my stubble, trying to be more rational these days, but just wondering if anyone else has this ? It's like at the area where your arm joins onto your hands.....constant little red raised spots and full on rashes there.

I AM NOT GOING TO GOOGLE FOR ONCE

I just need re-assurance that it is a bit normal

Anxious_gal
17-01-10, 04:02
could it be hives?
maybe your slightly allergic to something?
like if you changed your washing power?
or maybe the winter is giving you dry skin?
some times my middle finger gets really itchy and for no reason!
but anxiety can cause a nervous rash too.
maybe ask your doctor next time your there?

marley
17-01-10, 04:32
If it makes you feel any better, I get a rash that seems exactly the same, and I'm a 25 year old otherwise healthy woman.

I've often heard the term 'stress rash' used, but I'm not sure of the mechanism/pathology behind it.

blrob
11-05-10, 14:00
I had itchy rash and bumps for two years due to stress and anxiety. I took benydryl antihistamine which helped a lot with the itch. My 'hives' or whatever were due to anxiety at work and at home. I am now divorced and no longer work. My hives have gone completely now even though i still suffer from anxiety, but i was over, over, over stressed due to my X husband and a stressful job. If you can, get rid of what is causing so much stress in your life. Good luck x

Nattyburt
11-05-10, 14:12
I get extremely itchy when im anxious, and the itch get's worse the more i think about it! It is definitely a symptom for some people. When i get anxious, especially over a long period of time my red blood cells get more concentrated, this causes alittle (not dangerous) stress on the liver which secretes a substance that causes the itching. This maybe the case for you. Mine go back to normal after a couple of days of rest. Try to drink a lot of fluids too - especially water.

x