PDA

View Full Version : run down

rosebud
17-01-10, 11:53
I had flu at christmas and just as i was getting over it i developed a dental abcess which has now gone thankfully. I was in alot of pain and didn't get much sleep for a week. Been taking antibiotics which really upset my stomach. I'me worried because i still don't feel back to my normal self. Feel really tired and run down and have convinced myself there must be something awful wrong with me.Do you think its normal to feel like this ?

gypsywomen
17-01-10, 12:14
Yes after flu can take long time to get back to normal dont worry drink plenty fluids

Cell block H fan
17-01-10, 17:46
I think any virus can knock you for six tbh. How about getting a tonic from the Pharmacy? Just hurries things along a bit that stuff xxx

rosebud
18-01-10, 11:41
thanx xxx

jue67
18-01-10, 12:08
hope your doing okay. plenty of sleep and try some vitamin c, ive just started taking it after a couple of colds, and drink plenty of fluids, i think in winter we tend to notice more how we take longer to recover!! no lovely sunshine to be in.

hugs

julie

lonewolf
18-01-10, 14:20
Wow rosebud you sound like me I also had flu over xmas and had a gum abscess which freaked me out. Am too in the situation where I feel run down and tired.

I feel though that's it's easier to stay ill then to think your all better again. Like me you need to start keeping yourself busy again. I don't know if this will help you but it did me so I will share it. I try and remember that alot of people had flu over Christmas and there back to work and getting busy again for a new year. try and remember your one of many and for your own sake you need to stay positive and say your over the worse. I hope this help's. and your back feeling good soon

rosebud
19-01-10, 09:04
Feeling a lot better now. Back at work, bit of normality always helps.
Sorry to hear you have been suffering too lonewolf. Abcesses are not pleasant are they ? Hope your feeling ok now xxx