PDA

View Full Version : Lustral?

DagoGirl
21-12-05, 01:19
I was told that in the UK it is called Lustral, I only know the drug as zoloft. Anyway, I started taking it as prescribed by my Dr yesterday. I made the mistake of reading up on it on the internet and now ive got myself even more worried then ever. As many of you know I suffer from anxiety and panic and the symptom that is most bothersome to me is the depersonalization. The Dr told me that as soon as I could get the anxiety under control the DP would be under control as well. However, while reading about the zoloft(lustral) I saw that it can actually cause this symptom and im scared. Now I had to dig pretty hard to find that this was a symptom, but im not so sure if it was rubbish or not. Any advice or good success stories would really put my mind at ease. Thank you to all of you!

car
22-12-05, 12:32
Hi

Yeah I am having the same trouble! I have been prescribed Lustral and have been a bit wary too. its good to bear in mind though that all those SSRI's come with a litany of side effects. The only way to find out is by experiencing the effects yourself. Having just started a week ago I find that I have a sick stomach from it but this is normal. Apparently in the short term, it can make your anxiety a bit more intense as the serotonin acts as an 'upper'. This is supposed to settle down though a few weeks in.

I'm no expert though so you should definetly contact your doctor with any questions. I find it useful to write a list of questions out so that I don't forget any of them when I see my doctor.

Remember all the other skill will help, especially breathing excercises. The drug doesn't take it all away (i wish). You still have to work very hard.

Best of luck,

Car:)

DagoGirl
24-12-05, 22:42
Hey Car,

Thanks for the response! How are you doing so far on your meds? How is the Lustral working for you? Im noticing that Im having very vivid dreams and waking up very spaced out. Im like half awake half asleep. Wondering if your having that and will it go away?