PDA

View Full Version : so scared at the moment

mothermac
17-01-10, 20:52
I have just recently noticed a black area on my big toenail that looks horrible.I cannot remember injuring it or having any sort of trauma associated with it.I thought it was old nail varnish at first but my husband brought my attention to it and said it didn't look normal. I stupidly looked it up on our friend Google and nearly collasped when it said Melanoma can start as a black patch on the big toenail.I am absolutely scared witless at the moment and cannot wait to go to the doctors next week and have it looked at.I do have a very vague recollection of catching it on a trolley at work(i work in a supermarket)and it is only vague-a sort of did it happen or not kind of feeling,so it probably has just appeared from nowhere.Has anybody else had anything similiar to this or not?It doesn't hurt and is at the side of the nail on the right foot.Please please don't let it be cancer I don't think I can bear the worry tonight about this thing,the only thing keeping me from not going up to the hospital is the fact that I will be there ages as it isn't a dire emergency.God I am scared!!!!!!!!!!!

bottleblond
17-01-10, 21:05
Hi mother

Try never to google health issues as it tends to throw up the worst case scenario. I think it is more likely the accident you had with the shopping trolley. I have had a bruise under my toe nail before and it took weeks to go away after dropping a bottle of juice on it lol.

Please try not to worry hun

Lisa
xx

mothermac
18-01-10, 15:42
thanks for you reply Bottleblond,I went to the docs this morning and she has made me worse,I have to ring up the plastic surgery dept tomorrow urgently and arrange an appointment to have it looked at,she said that she couldn't rule out melanoma but it was most probably a bruise.I have spent the day feeling sick and absolutely petrified that I have skin cancer of some sort and have pictures of them wipping my toe off and giving me chemo.I am really really scared and I know I am going to put my poor husband through hell until I get a definite answer.

Maj
18-01-10, 15:46
My big toenail is COMPLETELY black!! and has been for months!! It was the result of going for a long walk in the wrong shoes. My toe was aching for a day or two after that and then all of a sudden - BLACK!! My husband assures me that it'll take ages for it to go and that it won't fall off!! Don't worry.
Myra:hugs:

gypsywomen
18-01-10, 15:48
i think its from the knock with trolley nail can take ages to heal ,, try to stay calm x