PDA

View Full Version : hiya im Emma

emmaleo
17-01-10, 22:10
Hi everyone im new on here and dont know why it took me so long to find it. I have been suffering for five years with panic attacks and really hope to make some friends on here who understand. x

diane07
17-01-10, 22:12
Hi emmaleo

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Kitty Kazanage
17-01-10, 22:20
Heyya Emma
I'm New Here As well and the people are lovely.
I know what you're going through hun.

Hopes this site & The people on here can help you and Support you

Kitty
xXx

kym_888
17-01-10, 22:21
Hiya Emmaleo, Hope your ok! I know how you feel about wanting friends who understand. I have a few friends who say they understand, but it takes a fellow sufferer to fully understand what your going through x

emmaleo
17-01-10, 22:30
oh thanks for youre support . I really appreciate it. I had a bad panic attack tonight at nine and i wish it would go away .

kym_888
17-01-10, 22:35
Ive had one all weekend hun! its really hard. Espically when you see yourself giving other people good advice, but cannot accept it your self! May i ask what triggers your attacks? x

emmaleo
17-01-10, 22:46
Well i have three boys who i love so much. If i see certain things in the news eg. someone harming their kids i start thinking how awful that would be and it sparks a panic attack. Feels like a wave and i have enough time to move myself somewhere on my own and i normally call my mum while im at the height of my attack. I was on venlafaxine from the dr but as my mother is on so much medication and has been all my life to be honest i feel afraid to take medication. x

kym_888
17-01-10, 22:52
bless ya, it is hard! But is the medication helping your mum? x

emmaleo
17-01-10, 22:55
Well yeah it is but the dr keeps changing it. Can i ask you what triggers urs? x

lonelysoul
17-01-10, 22:59
hi iv been panicking on and off all day, its got real bad last few months, it scares me so much x

emmaleo
17-01-10, 23:01
Hi dont worry talking helps. If you wanna chat at all send me a mesage hun. x

kym_888
17-01-10, 23:07
i fear being sick, i think everytime i go outside im gonna be sick, and when im home, i panic about being alone, incase something happens to me and no one is there to help me x

emmaleo
17-01-10, 23:18
Oh dear thats horrible. I also get afraid incase i get ill. What do you do when you feel the panic attack coming? I find standing outside and getting on the phone to someone who understands is a great help. Message me anytime. x

kym_888
17-01-10, 23:22
i dont know, when i was with my ex, he just use to say to me, ull be ok, hold my hand and make me feel better. now we're broke up i guess i just gotta tell myself ill be ok! its gonna be hard x

emmaleo
17-01-10, 23:38
Yes it will but you can do it hun. I hate my stupid mind sometimes. The fear seems to multiply and go out of control. We must find it in ourselves though to breathe through it. x

kym_888
17-01-10, 23:40
Yeah definatly, i find myself giving good advice, but not taking it myself lol x