PDA

View Full Version : slightly painful lump in breast

charsey
17-01-10, 23:48
Hi All,

Before christmas i felt a lump just under my breast between where the bone of your bra cup sits. It was really painful but didn't really think much of it as i thought it was down to an ill fitting bra. Well i thought this would disappear after not wearing the bra for a few weeks (have now thrown it out) but tonight i was checking again and i can definately feel a lump. It is still slightly sore no where near as painful when i first noticed it but now i'm starting to worry.
What do you think, i can feel the panic rising!!!

nomorepanic
18-01-10, 00:02
Any breast lump should be checked out by a doctor to be honest.

It could be a small cyst or anything harmless but you need to get it checked

charsey
18-01-10, 00:17
I know and i will :) Going to book an appt for tomorrow if i can get one
I'm just really starting to panic, feeling a bit sick and too wired up to sleep

suzy-sue
18-01-10, 00:41
Hi do try not to think the worst ,i do know its not easy ..I have had two lumps the same place at different times .They both felt sore.They were both fluid filled cysts that were drained and dissapeared after wards .Most lumps are nothing to be concerned about ,.& if it was something more serious it wouldnt be hurting ..Your Dr will put your mind at rest and refer you to the hospital for an ultrasound and then treatment to get rid. of it . Let us know how you get on & please try not to get too anxious .Hugs Sue x:hugs:

Jo3016
18-01-10, 17:20
Hi. I found a lump before Christmas too that hasn't gone with my cycle so my doctor has referred me to a breast clinic for an ultrasound. I got the letter today and the appointment is for Thursday. I am really worried although my doctor wasn't concerned and referred me as a non-urgent case.

It is always a good idea to get any breast lump checked out so go to your doctor. I know how you feel as I am worried too but apparently, 90% of breast lumps are benign.

x

charsey
20-01-10, 00:28
I'm really trying not to worry but my IBS has kicked in tonight and i can feel the knot in my stomach as my GP appt is tomorrow.
Since i've become aware that this lump hasn't gone down i have been checking it alot more and its now more painful when i touch it, so i don't know whether this is a good sign or not. I'll keep you updated.
Thanks for your support thougyh guys x x x

vikkij21
20-01-10, 08:25
Hi, a friend of mine had a painful breast lump a few months ago and was told by the hospital it wouldn't hurt if it was something sinister. Xx

Balinese
20-01-10, 10:03
I expect it is more painful now you are aware because you're constantly touching it (which I do when something is hurting!!!) and its now become sore.

I know it sounds stupid to say 'try not to panic' as its bloomin' hard to stop that (and if we could, we wouldn't all be here!!) but I always try and tell myself 'if it was serious, it wouldn't be painful'.

xxx

charsey
20-01-10, 14:20
Thanks guys. I know we all fear this but i'm so worried the doctor won't feel a lump and so i won't get referal. Got my appt tonight, i'll keep you updated