PDA

View Full Version : Hey, newbie here!

Vixki
18-01-10, 07:58
Hey. My name is Emma. I'm seventeen years old and from the Midlands, UK.
I've had a bad anxiety disorder for about 5/6 years, although I think it lurked in the background for a while before that.
My main problem is emetophobia, which pretty much takes over my life sometimes. There have been times I've not eaten for a couple of weeks because of the fear of being ill.
I also get seemingly random panic attacks, when I have no particular reason to be worried I still end up panicking.
These problems managed to lead to me being severely depressed as well.

I was hospitalised in 2006 in a psychiatric unit for four months, and couldn't return to school after that due to major anxiety until September 2009. I learnt my GCSEs at home and managed to get reasonable grades, and started at a fairly good sixth form college.
I kinda have gone downhill in the last few months, my panics have gotten worse and I'm so much more anxious daily.
In the beginning of December I had my medication dose increased (from 10mg fluoxetine to 20mg fluoxetine) but I don't think it's working yet.

Well anyway. That's me. Sorry I wrote so much!!

Emma :)

diane07
18-01-10, 08:00
Hi Vixki

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Veronica H
18-01-10, 08:53
:welcome:Emma. Glad that you have found us. This is a friendly site with great information and support.

Veronicax

Vixki
18-01-10, 14:10
Thank you all for the welcome :)