PDA

View Full Version : Panic attacks getting worse?

Vixki
18-01-10, 10:46
Ok so the Thursday before college broke up for Christmas (I think that'd be the 17th) I had one of the worst panic attacks I'd experienced. I sat in my English class feeling almost paralysed as my muscles had gone super weak and my vision was really blurry. I also felt kinda tingly. I went home after that and spent the day sitting with my knees drawn up playing mindless games on my iPhone to distract myself from the horrible sick feeling I was getting. My bowels were also messed up as well.
I had another one of these panic attacks on new years eve and that again was scary.
Then this past weekend I had what felt exactly like those panic attacks only I actually threw up, once on Friday and once on Saturday. This is strange because I'm emetophobic and trust me, I do everything I can not to throw up. I never have done from a panic attack before, but searching shows me that it does happen.
Now I'm really scared I'm going to get one of these panic attacks again, especialy when I'm out at college or somewhere. Isn't that stupid, panicking about panic attacks??!
My psych doctor said in the past that if my panic attacks became really bad he could prescribe me diazepam, but I can't get an appointment with him until march...
Ahh. I'm sure there are people on here who know how to deal with severe panic attacks... And if there are, PLEASE give me some advice!!

magic girl
19-01-10, 20:01
try phoning your phyc doc i did this before christmas with mine and she left me a prescription at the front office,you will probably get his secretery first but if you explain that you are not coping they will get your doc to ring you back you can't wait until march thats to long.failing that speak to your g.p it will be in your records if you've had diazapam before and he may prescribe it for you.