PDA

View Full Version : panic attacks and fear not eating please help

deanro
18-01-10, 14:37
i am having realy bad attacks there start as soon as i wake up. i feel sick i have a tight knot in my stomach. my heart is racing all the time, my heads filled with dread. I have hardly eaten in weeks im weak and i don,t want to leave the house. this started due to worrying over health problems. ive never had this before. im due to see my gp this afternoon, how do i get the attacks to calm down they are going on for hours every day.

gypsywomen
18-01-10, 15:04
your doing the right thing seeing your docter is he comming to you ,not eating will make you so much worse, we need food to feed our boddies but more importent our brains thats why you feel so bad ,you must try to eat even just a smalol cupa soup nothing heavy ,plus we need to get fresh air so i hope docter sorts things outfor you let us know xx

deanro
18-01-10, 17:39
just got back from my g p she was great really understanding. She has given me loads of beta blockers and citalopram 10mg, im feeling a little more hopefull thanks xx

SueBut
18-01-10, 18:27
I know exactly how you feel. I have heard really good things about Citalopram although it will take a few weeks for them to get working. Apart from taking the tablets you can do lots to help yourself - I have learnt over the past couple of months, cut down on tea/coffee, eat little and often, exercise, take time out to relax, set yourself little goals. I also have a counsellor which helps as there is usually a reason behind your panic attacks. Also - don't be afraid of your panic attacks, let them wash over you - the worst one I ever had was the very first one as I didn't know what was happening. Also - learn to accept that the mornings are worst, once you are up and dressed the anxiety should ease. Good luck and I hope you start to calm down and get your appetite back very soon.x

deanro
19-01-10, 11:03
hi thank you for taking the time to reply, ive started on the beta blockers straight away and they seem to easy the tightness in my tummy plus my hearts not pounding. I also started on citaloprom last night so hopefully in a few weeks things will settle down. ive started eating small amount as you suggested, it hard but my ex partner dean is still sharing our pace so he is running round after me god bless him. ive cut tea and coffee out is cammamile tea ok as seems to help me sleep on a nite. xxx andy ps i also have make an appointment with mental health workers to get some help breaking this pattern of negative fear thoughs xx

deanro
06-02-10, 17:24
ive been on Citalopram now for 3 weeks im not getting any bad side effects,
today i have not had a betta blocker this is a first time with out one for 3 weeks. so far im ok no panic attacks. im eating more and am feeling a little better fingers crossed that im on the mend x

Veronica H
06-02-10, 21:10
:yesyes:Great news and glad you have an understanding GP.:bighug1:

Veronicax