PDA

View Full Version : Thought Field Therapy

Purple Fish
18-01-10, 17:48
Hi

Has anyone ever had Thought Field Therapy? (TFT) I have booked an appointment for this on Fri as it can be useful. I am hoping it will help with my PTSD.

Tanya x

bomberbeamish
19-01-10, 07:50
i have had this, spent alot money on it, it wasnt for me, i also have brought lots of books on it , you tap on places that is ment to release natual chemicals, if any thing it keeps u busy if your panicy, but everyones different and must work for some people otherwise they still wouldnt be doing it, its very relaxing, but just didnt last for me, good luck , keep us posted, x

Purple Fish
22-01-10, 15:16
Hey!

Well I`ve just got back from my Thought Field Therapy session!! It was quite emotional and I ended up with a box of tissues by my side!

I was OK until I had to dig up everything that caused my anxiety in the first place!!
Lot`s of talking, tapping (a la Paul McKenna!) and even humming `Happy Birthday`!

Very light-hearted which was nice and the therapist doesn`t think I will need to go again which surprised as I thought they were after your money!! It did cost me £30!

We`ll see how I am within the next few weeks!! She did suggest letting my doc know that I`ve had the therapy and seeing if he will wean me off my Prozac. (Not sure about that though).

Tanya xx

bomberbeamish
24-01-10, 06:59
hi yea the happy bday tune while you tap your nine gamat, i also was emotional after first few sessions, i had all my seesions recorded so i still every now and then listern to them, and i felt so confused about everything.
good luck to you x