PDA

View Full Version : I'm new from London

dorabella
21-12-05, 11:59
I finally found this board a couple of days ago. It's been very reassuring to find that there are many other anxious souls out there besides myself.

Been fighting depression and anxiety for 10 years now and it doesn't get any easier. Most of the time I can deal with it (with the help of Claire Weekes of course) but it's good to have others to talk to and commiserate with.

Meg
21-12-05, 12:10
Hello Dorabella

Welcome

Glad you found us .

Claire Weekes is a fabulous resource.

Have you had any help for it ? What aspects still worry you the most ?

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

lin
21-12-05, 12:45
Hi Dorabella

Welcome to the forum you will get loads of help
and support.

linda xx

dorabella
21-12-05, 12:55
Thanks for the welcome(s)

I've had the gamut of help - anti-depressants, psychotherapy (which was useful in making me react more rationally to panic situations), shiatsu (for the physical symptoms) and generally educated myself with literature on the subject.

However, it's always there in the background - underlying anxiety and the occasional touch of depression. Like most of us I expect, sometimes it is less easy to handle and I have the occasional dips... it's at times like these that this mutual support is most valuable.

Thanks everyone.

Pennie
21-12-05, 13:13
Hi Dorabella

Welcome to the forum

Pennie

Fear is static that prevents me from hearing myself. ~Samuel Butler

trac67
21-12-05, 14:18
Hi Dorabella,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of great advice here and make some new friends.

Take care
Trac XXX

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Karen
21-12-05, 20:10
Hi Dorabella

Welcome to the forum.

You'll find lots of help and support here.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

jill
22-12-05, 22:21
Hi dorabelle

WELCOME TO THE SITE :D

There are lots of nice people here who will help
and support you.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

chucklehound
23-12-05, 07:44
Hi Dorabella and welcome to NMP where you will lots of support and make some great friends too! :D

Take Care

Chucklehound

xxxx