PDA

View Full Version : introducing myself

katt
19-01-10, 01:51
hi im kat,
its a bit strange to see how many people suffer with anxiety/phobias and in a way its a relief to know im not on my own. Im 28 and have had panic attacks since i was 12yrs old. Since 4 yrs ago after a miscarriage and a infection from this my anxiety and mental health have worsened.
I have had agrophobia which i couldn escape out the house for .. took me 7 months to be able to go out my front door, i used systematic desentisisation to gradually get me to walk the streets. The problem i have is i have developed a phobia of fainting in public places, this is dominating my life and as you know having anxiety makes you fel faint.
I know about hyperventalating, faulty alarm stuff that many web sites tell yo about and how anxiety is triggered etc..
but kowing this information and learning breathing techniques for me has got me nowhere. I have manged to get myself into college, work part time and now ive had the flu im right back to the begining.

I now have bouts of depression where i cant see myself getting anywhere, i feel like i cant go on with this battle anymore, that i get so far and end up back at th begining. I have been on every medication and im still taking duloxetine 30mg.
I struggle walking on my own and struggle at work. Now i dont know what to do about college,
Tutors at college have noticed my behviour change and have referred me to mental health, as im ok one moment and depressed the next.
feel like i have something hanging round my neck 24hr day every day and cant get into a relationship properly as ths ets in my way.
tonights one of my bad nights where i feel like i cant go on anymore living like this.. i go full circle to wherei thnk whats the point in living?
i get like i have no more energy anymore to cope with this..
i dont know what to do .. i cant sleep as ive hd a nother bad day : ((

what can i do : (

nomorepanic
19-01-10, 02:11
Hi katt

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

lonewolf
19-01-10, 03:15
hey katt and welcome. I to suffered and still do now and again from "fainting attack's" read the reply I put to the "a start to the finish line" post made in this intro forums. for more about that. Alot of us have been through what your going through and being on here and talking to like minded people will help alot. You say you feel like you have no more energy to cope with things your going through. Well use that as a stepping stone and instead say "I will not carry on like this". You can get through it, and you have made the first step joining this site and writing your intro. Just remember to keep at it and "lett it all out" so to speak, as we know what your going through.