PDA

View Full Version : Heart Problem, Angina at 26???

louise123_uk
19-01-10, 09:42
Hi

Having another major panic! Jokingly yesterday my mum said to me its not any of thet things you think you have that will kill you, but you'l have a heart attack panicing. Well every now and again, usually when Im in bed lying down and move I occassionally get a sharpish pain under my left breast (where my heart is argh!!!). This is not after ive just eaten so doubt its indigestion (and im not a big eater). Im panicing because I dont have the best diet in the world and probs dont do enough exercise, though im not overweight (but know this doesnt mean im fit lol). Plus I do get myself worked up panicing every so often, which probs isnt good I know (Im resolving to try and stop this!)

Has anyone had this? or think it is a casuse for concern? Went to docs twice last week over different things so dont really want to bother them again so soon, pain isnt agony, and tends to be when I breathe deeply or when I move as oppose to when lying still, tho is ocassionally when im still. Could it be angina at my age could it?? Im 26 and female. I dont think it feels like muscular pain, nor do I have panic attacks or feel paniced at the actual time.

My dad and grandmother both have high blood pressure/cholesterol and have been told this is not all lifestyle based i.e. its hereditary so there is a family history relaed to the heart, my grandmother had a few heart attacks in her 50s. Neither of them have angina though or had anything diagnosed at my age. I dont smoke but I do drink alcohol.

bronte
19-01-10, 09:59
hi it sounds like a muscle spasm to me ive had that before and you dont have to be stressed tto bring one on they are horrible and can give you a shock but are harmless dont worry

Brunette
19-01-10, 10:06
Angina would be extremely rare at your age Louise so I doubt it is anything more than muscular.

louise123_uk
19-01-10, 11:36
Yeah, I know it probs is very rare, im just worried though given my family history, diet and the fact I probs do give my heart stress.... lol, im probs not doing it any good atually worrying about it now!, oops

I have never had my blood pressure taken as imtoo scared it will be very high, and im only in my 20s!

Brunette
19-01-10, 12:17
At your age your heart will only be at risk if you are morbidly obese - that's not to say you might not want to take a look a your diet, if it concernns you, with your mind on the future (and by that I mean your middle age).

I doubt very much your BP will be high either but why not get it checked? If it is you can do something about it.

louise123_uk
19-01-10, 12:21
Yeah, I may go and get it checked, I just wanted to try and avoid more docs appointments incase they strike me off lol (had two in one week last week, though hadnt been for years before this, medical phobia lol). High blood pressure this young im assuming would be pretty serious though wouldnt it?

Wondering if the pains I felt under my left breast, near the heart area could be caused by this? (really hope these pains arent my heart)

Maj
19-01-10, 12:29
Louise it could be stomach acid even. It's very unlikely to be angina at your age. I'd speak to the doctor to get reassurance but it sounds like anxiety and the fact that your mum said the heart problem thing will have wound you up a bit. We all forget how strong the heart muscle actually is and pumps away without us even having to think about it. It'll be something simple.
Myra:hugs:

darrenc
19-01-10, 12:48
Hi

Well every now and again, usually when Im in bed lying down and move I occassionally get a sharpish pain under my left breast (where my heart is argh!!!).

Deep down you know it's not angina, because you've noted that it hurts when you move and it's a sharp pain. I've had pain like this on and off for over 10 years, and I'm still here!

darrenc
19-01-10, 12:53
pain isnt agony, and tends to be when I breathe deeply or when I move as oppose to when lying still, tho is ocassionally when im still. I dont think it feels like muscular pain, nor do I have panic attacks or feel paniced at the actual time.

Sorry, missed this bit. I've also had pain when I breathe deeply, it also hurts when I sneeze!

Does it hurt more when you press around the bit that hurts?

You could try taking some paracetamol? I find that this usually helps.

lonewolf
19-01-10, 13:02
This sounds like something I had for awhile, every couple of nights for about a week or some I would get a terrible pain I thought was coming from my heart. scared the life out of me. In the end I linked this to me not eating enough. So I started having something light in the evening like a bowl or cereal or some fruit and it seemed to help. I'm just wondering because you said your a light eater if this is what your having too.

louise123_uk
19-01-10, 13:06
Hi darrenc, No it doesnt hurt when I press around the bit thats hurts, it feels kkind of like a pain inside. Infact sometimes pressing it in helps the pain to go, its not a pain I get alot, just very now and again, and when I get it, it might last maybe 5-10 mins and the pain will be a twinge maybe 5 or 6 times during the 10 mins, usually when I move or breathe deeply

Balinese
19-01-10, 14:43
Its so unfair that these pains always happen on the left side isn't it - I get so annoyed, I wish I would sometimes get the pain on the right side so I wouldn't worry about my heart! :doh:

It does sound more muscular than anything else.

ge0rgette2
20-01-10, 01:02
I can relate to so many here and so many posts that I've read.

So many aches and pains -- that turn out to be nothing --- I think Heart issues all the time - cardiologist says no way - test after test - nothing!!

The past few weeks, i've had pains in my upper back - chest - all muscular I believe - hunching over the computer at the table - sleeping wrong - just not moving and exercising the way I should.

I'm trying massage next .... See if that will help as the chiropractor doesn't.

Anyone else have major chest pec muscle issues?