PDA

View Full Version : swiching from normal seroquel to xl version

bomberbeamish
19-01-10, 11:34
swiching from normal seroqeul to seorqeul xl
just as title says , im scared to swich, i take 25mg 4 times aday of normal and doc wants me to swich to seroquel xl[slow realese], so just 50mg twice a day, im scared , bout if i have a reaction or summit, i want to make cahnge but cant. help pls

loulabella
27-01-10, 11:12
Slow release will allow you to absorb exactly the same amount as before - u have been on 100 a day and still will be. The 50 will be released twice as slow as the quick release - I am sure you will be fine... x

sunshine-lady
27-01-10, 14:26
I also take seroquel (quitiapine). 200mg morning, 200mg afternoon and 400mg at night. I take the regular seroquel, but would be interested in taking the slow release ones as it is a pain having them (and other meds) all the time.

Like loulabella said, you will still be getting the same amount of medication but relased over a prolonged period. Don't be afraid to take it, you will be fine.

I would be interested to hear how you get on.

Good luck xxx

bomberbeamish
28-01-10, 09:21
thanx , ive been waiting for a repile for so long,, i just not had the guts to do it yet, i mite start tonite as im not on my own again untill mon, x

sunshine-lady
29-01-10, 00:52
well done, please keep us informed on your progress xx

bomberbeamish
29-01-10, 12:07
well girls, ive taken them on my second, so only been a day, feel fine, i will get back to yo after a fwe days to say how im feeling ect, as it wll b intresting to see how i am on monday morn, when just on my own with baby, thtas were i need the help, and as they are slow release i should feel better in morns.x

sunshine-lady
29-01-10, 15:57
Good on you bomberbeamish!

Please let me know how things go, if you feel any different on a morning. I can feel sedated on a morning with taking such a large dose on the evening, but if I didn't take so much I wouldn't be able to sleep as my mind goes into overdrive when I go to bed.

I am due to see my psychiatrist next month and I will ask him if the slow realise version will be suitable for me.

Good luck xx

bomberbeamish
31-01-10, 10:57
well still going strong, cant say its made much difference not that ive noticed as the moment, but its sooooooooooooo much easyier just taking them twice aday with my other meds. xx i keep you posted xxx

bomberbeamish
01-02-10, 09:01
its monday morning, feel good, dont know if that because i got my mum coming round, but i have got doctors at 8.50 am, and i dont like going there and normally very nervous, but i will say i have a had a diaizpam as well.

bomberbeamish
03-02-10, 16:38
well its wendesday, and im good, even went out this morning, so the change was good, im fine xxxxxx

sunshine-lady
03-02-10, 23:47
Sounds like things are going well for you so far, have you noticed any changes?

Take care xxx

bomberbeamish
04-02-10, 09:09
i feel abit more leveled out, if that makes sense, no ups and downs, just nice and steady during the whole day, and i do have the option of taking a single 25mg if needed. xxxx

sunshine-lady
04-02-10, 20:10
I know what you mean when you say you feel more leveled out as I also have ups and downs.

I am seeing my psychiatrist later this month and will ask about the xl version of seroquel. Do you know if the xl is a new medication?

Hope you continue to do so well xx

bomberbeamish
05-02-10, 09:27
i think it been over here for a while, was in states first, but i couldnt say when it came over here, maybe 2001, not sure, but it worth giving it ago, and if it dont suit go back to wot u are doing xxxxxxxx

bomberbeamish
09-02-10, 10:53
hi sunshine and to anyone els,, i just wanted to say if your on seroquel and had weight gain problems, the hunger sesions have gone and ive lost 7lb, which is great as was worride about weight gain, ive sort of followed the weight watches diet, and doing well. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

sunshine-lady
13-02-10, 21:58
Sounds like the seroquel xl is working well for you. Congratulations on your weight loss:yesyes:. It is so much harder to lose weight when taking medication, I am definatley going to ask my Psychiatrist about this medication!

Takce care xxx :hugs:

Spitfyr88
16-01-11, 15:14
I've also been taking seroquel (300mg in the morning and 300mg at night) the XL one. The only thing I dislike about them is the sedative affect. I take them in the morning and I can usually stay awake till 4pm and then I crash and have to wake up to take the second dose at 8-9pm. In a few days I am to go back to my doctor and have them changed to 600mg at night and see if that helps. So glad to hear they are working well for you.

bomberbeamish
16-01-11, 17:59
Hi there. U do get used to the triedness. But i dont see the sense of taking them am and pm.as there slow release. I would go to doc and ask for pm only and when u take them once aday there not the worry of missing them it just easyier. Im actully beening wean down now as they have done there job and got me well again. Good luck keep us posted.