PDA

View Full Version : Medication for those "iffy" times

eternally optimistic
19-01-10, 14:34
Hi

I used citalopram several years ago, doesnt time go by so quickly, and it was a great success but, I wondered if anyone uses medication now for times when they know they can't cope with certain situations?

Generally, I think, Im coping OK but do have occasions whereby I set myself up for a fall by worrying about an attack where it's happened before and just thought some "instant" medication might help me break through this cycle.

I also want/need some good medication to get me back on a plane. Probably sounds insignifcant to many, but this was the thing that triggered my break down several years ago. Although, it was a blessing in disguise because Id been a nervous wreck for absolutely years without realising it wasnt "normal".

If anyone has any thoughts they could share, I'd love to hear from you.

Cheers

Logan_Five
19-01-10, 19:21
Try asking your GP about Diazepam. I use that on an as and when basis and it can help provide some respite/take the edge off anxiety. It can be taken constantly for a week or so, but GP's only provide that in short courses as it can become psychologically addictive quite quickly. However if you just use it when you need it, it's a good thing to have, IMO. :)

eternally optimistic
19-01-10, 22:09
Cheers, I did wonder myself whether that might be an option.

Thank you.

tink28
19-01-10, 22:23
hi jackie
so know what u mean by iffy times my love, ive been off my meds now for 2 years but to get my through those bad times i use KALMS, they r natural plant remedy. you can get them at most chemists, they help relieve periods of worry, irritaility, stresses & strains of every day life!! they help me BIG TIME!! :yesyes: I sometimes get so anxious i think im going to have to go back on my fluoxtine, but once these Kalms kick in they really do help u relax and think positive again!!! well they work for me?!
:huh: GOODLUCK!! GOD BLESS TINK XXX

nomorepanic
19-01-10, 23:09
Have you tried Rescue Remedy? All completely natural.

eternally optimistic
20-01-10, 12:19
Yes, thank you, Ive tried rescue remedy. Didnt do much

Maybe my "iffy" times are a bit worse than "iffy - LOL.

I'll hang in here!!