PDA

View Full Version : New to site

chokurei3
19-01-10, 14:41
Hello everyone, not sure if Im doing this right, but to introduce myself I am a woman of 47 years, I have suffered with depression in the past but managed to overcome it. More recently I was diagnosed with Anxiety and Panic Attacks. I didn't realise how debilitating this could be, but now I know from daily experiences, I am being treated with Lofepramine from the doctors as Citalopram had too many side effects for me and Fluoxetine doesnt even have any effect for me. Every day is a challenge but I try to maintain some sort of dignity by trying to get through the day without breaking down. My symptoms are very typical of anxiety but I tend to clench my jaw to tightly I always end up with alot of pain in my face. The overwhelming feeling of fear I feel during the day is so difficult, but have to say I have a caring husband who is dealing with it quite well. I guess I have worries Im being a burden to him even though he assures me that Im not. I try not to tell him about the times I feel that death would be a better option than what Im going through right now, but he is coping with enough right now with me than having to take more on board! I have gained some hope from reading this sight and given me the thoughts that one day I will overcome this, but I can honestly say right now that seems a million miles away from where Im sitting. Im using the relaxation techniques and have decided to plan happy days out with the family to try and give me something to look forward to, winter months don't help do they? I will carry on using this site for support and hope my future post will write up more positive than now and hopefully come with happier feelings for me too. God Bless Debs x

nomorepanic
19-01-10, 14:43
Hi chokurei3

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

smudger
19-01-10, 14:47
Hi. Just wanted to say welcome to this site. You are not alone....:hugs:

Redrainbow
19-01-10, 15:59
Hello Debs,
I'm fairly new to this site too, just over a week now infact. I can tell you it's excellent and all the people i meet on here are great, and so supportive too. You can only really gain from being on this site. I hope you get alot out of it Debs,
Best Regards Wayne.