PDA

View Full Version : Hi, mild sufferer

Casablancas
19-01-10, 15:30
Hi, I have had mild anxiety problems for several years.

Several years ago school I fainted, nothing serious but I can remember how I felt directly before I passed out, everything looked a bit strange and I had a strange taste in my mouth! These feeling sometimes come back to me and trigger (what I believe to be) a panic attack.

These only seem to happen in busy shops but has now happened while driving on the motorway which has prompted me to start doing something about it. It's hard to explain, I don't believe I'm going to crash but still feel a bit funny when I start driving fast and seems to only happen on long straight lengths of road!

The feelings seem to be worse when I have a hangover and have found I cannot even go to certain shops where I've had panic attacks before and I will always try to avoid motorways whenever possible.

I smoked cannabis for a few years when I was younger but stopped years ago but I think this could be related to my problems.

I've only had a quick look at this forum but already have seen that it will be helpful.

Thanks!

diane07
19-01-10, 15:33
Hi Casablancas

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

lonewolf
19-01-10, 15:37
I know the feeling excatly. read my reply to the post "a start to the finish line" on the intros forum. And certain shops I go into everything will be fine then I will get light headed and need to run for the door. This to me is more to do with a trapped feelings. if am in a situation where I cant just get up and leave it makes me panic. It has happened to me in cars before too. you have done the right thing seeking help. and am sure you will find great support on these forums. well done and welcome.

Casablancas
20-01-10, 12:48
Hi thanks for the welcome.

Had a read of your post, thanks.

Just working my way reading through the site, good to know others are having similar problems.