PDA

View Full Version : waking up

Savey
19-01-10, 18:26
Does anyone else on citalopram find waking up and getting up really, really difficult?

Emma88
19-01-10, 19:16
Does anyone else on citalopram find waking up and getting up really, really difficult?

yes...i seem to wake up in the night at like 4/5am and im wide awake...eventually i fall back 2 sleep and then when my alarm goes off for work/uni i find that i am more tired than i used 2 be! even though i will have gone 2 sleep so early!
i think that with the meds one of the side effects is feelin drowsy and lethargic so its normal!
i seem 2 be sleepy most of the time!
Hope u are okay! X

Savey
19-01-10, 19:33
Thanks, good to know I'm not alone. Any remedies out there for energy and motivation?

Emma88
19-01-10, 20:13
lol none that i can think of...im struggling to keep up with uni work atm as just have no motivation at all!!! just kind of waiting for the meds to give me that kick to do something! X

debstar
20-01-10, 04:34
I'm taking cipramil and find the same in the mornings.

Does anyone know if it has something to do with wether you take meds in the morning or at night?

suzy-sue
20-01-10, 15:33
Ive taken mine for over a year now and have tried different times of the day ..It hasnt made any difference tbh .If I have to go out early I have to get up at least 2hours before, to wake up properly ...A small price to feel well tho ...It does get better after the side effects have gone but not completely ...not for me anyway ...:lac: Sue x

KK77
20-01-10, 15:46
I've had terrible trouble waking up since I increased my med. I need a couple of coffees before I feel "with it". But I think it's a side effect that should hopefully get better.

lc2613
20-01-10, 22:44
i can not wake up my partner says i am sleep talking and haven't even woken up to my youngest, not like me i would of been able to tell you if one of them had rolled over or coughed lol.in the morning i am a zombie, i am just hoping that because your body doesn,t rest whilst anxious that this is the meds way of slowing us down and catching up on much needed down time and that we will all be back to normal soon lol anyway thats what im hoping.xx

Emma88
21-01-10, 16:16
i've been sleep talkin too apparently...never done this before! hopefully it'll be worth it in the end! X

smudger
21-01-10, 16:20
Im on mirtazapine (since before xmas) and I have trouble getting up, actually WAKING UP! I even go to bed at a reasonable time now.Didn't have this on citalopram! Hope it wears off!

NoPoet
21-01-10, 21:15
On 20mg of cit, waking up was no problem, but I still felt anxious all the time. On 30mg my mood improved greatly and I had no sleeping problems. Then I increased again to 40mg. It was fine at first then as the weeks went by my energy all seemed to be draining into some bottomless pit. I would go to my mate's house and lie on their settee cuddling their dogs cos I didn't have the strength to sit up or play the computer. The thought of walking round the block or going out for the day was hell. Oh and there were memory and concentration issues as well, worse than anything I've known.

Since going back down to 30mg some strength has returned and my mood, memory and concentration have got a lot better but I still find myself falling back to sleep in the mornings. Like Emma says I also wake up early but then fall back to sleep and find it very difficult to wake up the second time.

Hopefully it will wear off in time.

clairity
21-01-10, 22:15
im glad its not just me. lol. i keep having to nap during the day cause i feel so tired and just lifeless. yet at bed time i suddenly feel wide awake. not sure if i should take my tablets at night instead of morning. will it make any difference. i cant even get up in the mornings i feel so tired. x

robbieuno
15-02-10, 00:27
Hi,
I take my cit tab in morning first thing when i get up, but i find it hard actually getting up out of bed.i think this is also to do with my depression and no interrest in life at the emoment. I have no motivation or confidence in any thing what so ever.Im on 20g a day but still waiting for them to work. i feel like sh-- most of the time,just want to sleep to aviod my mental state, reguards robert