PDA

View Full Version : aaaargh.

clairity
19-01-10, 23:05
men are so annoying. i am suffering from depression caused by anxiety and in a converstaion with my ex i started crying. i find it hard to control emotions at the moment and cry at the drop of a hat but as i couldnt really speak he said 'what am i supposed to do? sit here and wait for you to commit suicide down the phone?'. why are men such idiots. thats the most insensitive thing anyone has ever ever said to me. does anyone else have any experience like this??

daza.theman
19-01-10, 23:10
As a male is all i can say is that i think u need cudles and some reasurance, but hey! im a man, i hope u fix things

clairity
19-01-10, 23:13
i hope i can fix things eventually too but who knows if he says things like that. i do need reassurance but i also dont want to feel like i need an emotional crutch anymore so im torn. cuddles would be nicer though. lol.

daza.theman
19-01-10, 23:20
We all feel down and stressed at some point, i also suffer from anxiety, its a pain in the arse, my other half sometimes just looks at me as if im acting! she just dont understand , nobody dose unless they have sufferd b4, ur other half said the wrong thing at the wrong time , like i say , hes never sufferd, im sure u will sort it all out , if not i could do with a few cuddles myself hehe x

onceagain
19-01-10, 23:21
oh dear maybe it isn't just me tonight maybe it a full moon and we are all gonna have some nonsense to break us when we are feeling so fragile... hugs claire x

matt-24/7
20-01-10, 10:57
Being a man,i myself know how it seems to be our god given gift to say the wrong thing in any given situation,and as a sufferer understand how difficult it must be for others to get their head round when they have never experienced anything like it.He is probably at a loss as what to do for the best,and even maybe just as frustrated as you are.
I know it wasn't the right thing to say,but sometimes i find myself looking at how i might cope if the tables were turned and i had to try and understand this illness from somebody elses perspective,gotta be tough?
Im sure it was a slip of the tongue and he feels just as rotten for saying it,like i said its in our genes to put our foot in our mouth at the best of times:doh:.
I hope you feel better,and things work out ok,regards matt:)

PoppyC
20-01-10, 12:24
Hi
I think it was insensitive of him but people can be insensitive sometimes - women as well as men.
Was he always so insensitive? if not then maybe he is just frustrated and upset at seeing you as you are, and not sure how to help you. He is probably very worried about how you are and angry at not being able to solve your problems.
My boyfriend is mostly lovely and caring but sometimes he can come out with some insensitive stuff, especially if we argue. I think it is borne out of frustration about not being able to fix the problem. Sometimes I feel people just get frustrated because they don't know how to help and men especially seem to be scared about not knowing what is the right thing to say or not - this is just in my experience and I am sure not all men are like it. It doesn't mean that they don't care.
Sending you hugs because sometimes they do help more, I find, than words. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

clairity
20-01-10, 15:11
thank you all for your kind words and hugs. lol
i think it was something that was said out of anger and frustration on his part as we split up over me being like i am and he wants to help me get better then look at a relationship again. i think he just doesnt know what to do or how to do it and what doensnt help is he wont talk to me about whats in his head cause he doesnt want to burden me with it. men cant live with em cant live without em. xx

paulcooper02
20-01-10, 15:56
Hi Clair,
I kind of understand where you are coming from, my GF became my ex after I tried to take my own life and she decided that I didn't respect her, nor did she trust me. I stayed with her for a while after the event and everyday she came home with her daughter she was worried what she would find, despite me saying I wouldn't do anything. She herself has her own issues and after i finally came home from her house, her daughter became ill and her cat died, so I sent her some flowers saying I was thinking about her. I know she loves me and she wants me to get better and we have had no contact for 2 weeks now. Myself and Claire have said some nasty things to each other as 3 weeks ago I hit a massive low, part of being on A/D's I later found out, we then became friends until she got the flowers. Claire won't speak to me about her issues either as she feels I have enough to deal with, however I wish she would. We can't change what has happened (boy I wish we could) but we can change the future and we need to look forward to the future and get better for us, no one else. I have learnt that over the past few weeks, and even though its going to be hard, we will all get there.
Take care hun and massive hugs from me too.