PDA

View Full Version : It was going so well until....

-Emily
20-01-10, 17:44
Hello everyone!
Over the past few weeks where ive been off uni ive relaxed a bit, and my anxiety lessened, and ive also been on Citalopram since the 24 december, and i thought hey perhaps im getting better.
But last night i had two horrible panic attacks which i think are because i went back to uni today, ive been all anxious all day, and feel a bit disappointed its got worse again.
Any advise :(

suzy-sue
20-01-10, 17:54
This has happened to a lot of us ,its just one of those blips we talk about .It doesnt mean you are getting worse .Its as you say down to the stress of going back to Uni ..Well done for that ..Its still early days on the Cit so see how you go for the next couple of weeks .Im sure it will settle down but you may need a small increase when you reach the 8 week mark ..Gradually the good days get better and the blips become less .Stress is a trigger !its how you manage that, and react that seems to be the hardest part ,for a lot of us ...All the best hun and im sure you will go from strength to strength ..:hugs:xSue

Logan_Five
20-01-10, 19:15
Yup - sounds like a blip which does happen. I'm now about 11 weeks into Citalopram and it took about 6 weeks to start to feel the benefit. Even now, I still get days where I feel tense, but the anxiety has calmed down a lot. Got to stick with it as best you can. :)

Kieran
21-01-10, 01:10
My anxiety over the exam period was hard. It probably didn't help that I was stressing, as well as not eating properly and not doing any real exercise.

I had a free week before I had to start again, so I came home to sort myself out. Been eating better and doing a bit of exercise and I do feel alot better than I did, but I'm still nervous about going back now.

Any advice would be appreciated.

TANTIV
24-01-10, 04:38
I have the same been doing well, but can't go to the Dr or face taking meds. Have used CBT. Just recently however have been told I have a lot of work on the horrizon and have to give a presentation next month and have started to get attacks now.