PDA

View Full Version : Wierd Alcohol effects

Leese
20-01-10, 19:55
I have been taking Venlaflaxine for about 5-6 weeks now. On the 2 occasions I have had a couple of drinks while I have been on them, My face has turned bright red and feels like its burning, like when you get sunburn... Plus the day after my stomach is sore, I feel i want to be sick... does anyone else experience these wierd side affects?

KK77
20-01-10, 20:38
Have never taken venlafaxine but since I've been on sertraline (similar AD) I don't handle drinking very well either - feel awful the next day usually.

I think that venlafaxine can cause facial flushing anyway and so can alcohol, therefore I'm not surprised about that side effect.

Maybe someone that takes venlafaxine and likes the odd drink will post with some more info!

tommy1982
22-01-10, 19:13
This med works brilliantly for me, however i drank last thursday and friday and went over board, I fell into a pit of anxiety up until yesterday.

Drink and this med do not mix, you have a couple of drinks and its like having ten.

I was reading up on it apartently something in it, doesnt allow the alochol to flush through you they way it normally does.

Best avoiding beer when on it, either that or suffer.