PDA

View Full Version : Genuinley fed up with my mouth now. Can't handle it

Starscream
21-01-10, 08:58
I think anyone who notices my name on here will see I am posting something again about my mouth related issues I have been having for so long.

I can only apologise for it but I'm getting to the point where after today, I'm just fed up of having one now. My morning was ruined when I looked in the mirror this morning to notice a piece of skin on the front of my tongue which didn't look normal and another mouth ulcer again. This time the ulcer was UNDER my tongue. I don't know why it's there, usually it's on my gums.

I have been having these issues for months now since the bad weather at least and all I Know is frequent mouth ulcers are a bad sign. And the red patch on the front left of my tongue is bad too. As is the white coating at the back. I'm just completely sick and tired of it now.

It's ALWAYS my mouth. Never anywhere else. Never any other symptoms except maybe little rashes now and then.

The only thing I can maybe rationally think of is my inhaler but I've looked up the symptoms and it's not saying it gives you red patch on your tongue or a white coating or recurrent mouth ulcers.

Really wish it was something else.

I'm so fed up with looking at my mouth and finding something new that I wish I didn't have it anymore

tasia
21-01-10, 11:55
sometimes mouth ulcers are a sign of vitamin defficiencys or anemia...go to doc and a simple blood test would find that out...If you dont fancy that why dont you try some multivitamins give them a go and see it that helps...goodluck

Starscream
21-01-10, 12:00
I'm at the Dental Hygienists tomorrow so I'll see what she says and then if she recommends a doctor's I'd be best going I suppose.

I'm on Iron, Zinc and Vit C just now and I still keep getting them.

Thanks for the reply anyways.

westofengland
21-01-10, 12:07
yeah ulcers are common. ANd the more you think about your mouth the more you notice things that otherwise you wouldn't. I have driven myself crazy with it

I take zinc supplements and they are very good at reducing ulcers apparently as they boost your immune system

a dentist will easily be able to see if you have anything to worry about. Drinking and smoking are the biggest risk factors for oral cancer so you can change your behaviour and probably be fine

Starscream
21-01-10, 12:10
yeah ulcers are common. ANd the more you think about your mouth the more you notice things that otherwise you wouldn't. I have driven myself crazy with it

I take zinc supplements and they are very good at reducing ulcers apparently as they boost your immune system

a dentist will easily be able to see if you have anything to worry about. Drinking and smoking are the biggest risk factors for oral cancer so you can change your behaviour and probably be fine

That's the thing WestOfEngland, i have been taking Zinc for about 2 months solid now, and still get occasional mouth ulcers.

Can I ask - if you keep touching your mouth/gums can you get ulcers that way ?

I didn't think that leads to it at all but I do touch certain areas and then a few days later ulcers appear.

Brunette
21-01-10, 12:40
Do you visit the hygienist regularly Starscream or is this your first visit in a while?

Starscream
21-01-10, 12:44
Do you visit the hygienist regularly Starscream or is this your first visit in a while?

Tomorrow is my first visit since 2007