PDA

View Full Version : pain down right arm

countrygirl
21-01-10, 09:24
Three days ago I had to sit on a settee with three other people so we were very squashed for over 2 hrs and I couldn;t put my right arm back into a normal position as I couldn't straighten my shoulders back cos there wasn't enough room! It was a bit uncomfortable but nothing more at the time and fine once I got the chance to get up !

Last night which was two days later I suddenly got shooting pains down my arm from top of inner arm where it joins body right down through my hand into fingers and the arm aches like toothache.

Could all this pain be from the unatural position I had the arm on on Sunday - I often react to physical exertion or strange positions a couple of days later but this seems just that bit longer.

RosieXXX
21-01-10, 13:03
I think you have more than likely aggravated a nerve by sitting in that uncomfortable position - a couple of hours is quite a long time to remain in same position - sometimes these things aren't apparent for a little while after, during which time you may have aggravated it a little bit more just with general movement, or even putting some pressure on it when sleeping. I am sure you will find it will ease off again.