PDA

View Full Version : Describing symptoms so hard

Typer
21-01-10, 14:03
Do you find it hard to describe your symptoms?

Yesterday was a very bad day for the horrid heart palps...I had not slept hardly because of them. I find them quite hard to describe.

This left me with gross anx and it got worse and worse. I was trying to describe the feeling, sort of in my stomach, by heart and right down to my intestines or bowel. It felt so strange and I struggle to describe it.

Do any of you have a problem with trying to describe how you feel?

thehockeyplayer
21-01-10, 23:35
i know what you mean it feels awful...gross feeling

Lilow12
21-01-10, 23:43
yes it's very hard to explain how we feel... even last week I had to go to see a nurse and tryin to explain how I was feeling was horrible, i felt so silly... but she was lovely and seem to undestand what i was tryin to say....I think trin to explain makes me more strees out...:ohmy:

Neuro
22-01-10, 02:43
I find that what other people's suggestions as to what your symptoms may feel like can influence what you say......I get a feeling in my 'heart' that I started off describing as a cold pressure and by the time I'd finished a conversation with my dad it was 'fluttering', which I'd never ever experienced.....symptoms are hard enough to describe as they are, nevermind with other people piling their ideas on top.

brady
22-01-10, 11:58
I find it very hard to describe my symptoms to people who dont understand anything about anxiety