PDA

View Full Version : Head pain worry!...

Ryan
21-01-10, 14:14
Something I seem to be always worried about these days is brain tumours or aneurysms. Every little feeling in my head triggers me to feel uneasy.

But this had been made worse recently the past 2 or 3 days by a strange feeling I keep getting in the top left of my head... It's on and off every other second, feels like a sharp pain but not very painful. Almost like a pinched nerve or something! Sometimes, it feels like a cold sensation!

I'm 21 and I would say reasonably fit... No family history of either brain tumours or aneurysms but none the less i feel totally stressed out by this.

This time, I don't think I can put the pain down to just stress... I've been stressed and never had this before, really don't fancy going to a doctor though...

Either way, its making me right stressed out and unhappy... Weather its unfounded or not, I always worry when going to the toilet... yep lol! I'm worried that if I use any sort of 'force' for lack of better word, I'll burst and aneurysms in my brain... Honestly every time I even pee this is in my mind... It's terrible.

Andromeda
21-01-10, 19:16
sounds to me like an ice pick headache ?
depending on the level of pain that is , otherwise it could be a trapped nerve .
there are many many reasons for head pains so try not to focus on the most rare reason !
it's not a brain tumor symptom anyway :) as people keep telling me , the pain associated with tumors cripple you , and make you seriously ill

i can't really offer much advice because i too am constantly terrified of a brain tumor , but i do know what you're going through , and if you are really worried go to the doctor to put your mind at ease !

XX:hugs:

emily51964
23-01-10, 22:08
yeh i agree, dont focus on the worst things it could be, altho i too am here 4 that raeson, get horible pains in the top left and side if my head, sometimes thay are bad and scare me alot, and sometimes not really a pain but i will just be aware of it. it is so odd. mine i do think is mostly down to stress, i know it doesnt seem possible but the body does react in such strange ways to stress. i hav been on cytalopram for about 3 months and i def do not worry about it ASmuch, but i cannot stop alltogether. reading thru others posts may help u, and try to just accept it when u feel a pain and focus on something goos to take ur mind off it. :D and stop worryimg when u go to the loo!! let us kno how u get on xx

Lauz
24-01-10, 06:14
I am feeling EXACTLY the same way!!! I have been on anti D for 5 weeks now and one side effect can be headaches, I also have a stiff sore neck from an injury ... so reality is that it could be one of those things or both causing my pain.

It is so hard not to worry, and for me the headache has been constant for the past couple of weeks. Like earlier said sometimes it is painful but other times it is just there that I am aware of it, like pressure sensation.

Carly Lou
26-01-10, 11:39
Hey guys, Oh my gosh, i m sooooooooooooooo there with you all on this, my doctor has told me i have a inner ear infection, which caused me to be dizzy constantly for 10 days !!!, have been given serc, which is to stop the dizziness, it has kinda stopped, but now i have a muggy sharp headache in its place, its always there and i am now so worried it is a brain tumour, and i cant help myslef think of anything else, i am 25 and have a 14 month old little boy and tbh it is taking over my life, i asked my doctor why i was having the headaches and she said it is due to the ear infection, but i just cant believe her, she checked my eyes and said behind the eyes looks fine and not to worry, and a brain tumour in my case as she put it is very rare, now i think i could be that rare person who is going to get it, its like a sinus headache almost ??? at the front and down the sides ??? and when i think of it, bang there it is, i am lost for what to do, im even contemplating going for a private MRI to put my mind at ease ???? but im worried if there is nothing there will i still worry myself sick ?? xxxxxxxx

mom1982
31-01-10, 11:08
I have been having constant headaches for 3 weeks now with a stiff neck. It was pressure on the face with sinus-like headaches but now it's constantly on the right side which is the side of the stiff neck. Headache behind the right eye & on the right temple & just constant pressure like someone's compressing my head. I get pains on the back & bottom of my head & occasionally on the left temple. I use the computer for hours everyday too. I can't sleep at night without taking painkillers & need some during the day too. I was going to post a thread on this today & found this one instead.

I'm terrified it's a tumour or aneurysm. Have either for you had a CT scan or MRI?

Lauz
01-02-10, 00:14
It is so hard not to worry isn't it. From all the threads, our headaches sound all so similar which also makes me think more that it has to be stress/anx related. I eat my words though cause I still have those scary thoughts of 'what if'.
I have made another doc app for this Thursday and until then I am going to write a head ache diary to see if there is any sort of pattern to this. So far I have noticed if the pain in my neck changes that so to do the head aches and the intensitiy of them. My head aches don't throb, they are dull and just there a constant each day but the feeling does become more intense sometimes.

Its like because I dont know the real cause of the head ache that I stress, that if I had a scan or something it would settle me.

mom1982
01-02-10, 02:52
I'm scared to get a CT/MRI scan done.

My headaches are dull too and my neck ache is still there. It feels like it's getting worse the headaches but i might be mistaken. Ibuprofen helps.

I have a GP appt today & will post back on what she says. I also had a visual field test(tests peripheral vision) done by an ophthalmologist today and it came back normal. Many eye and brain disorders can cause peripheral vision problems so a visual field test can rule some things out.

Lauz
01-02-10, 05:06
Yeah let me know how you go at the docs, I am sure all will be fine for you :)
Had an episode at work before where the dull pain was really intense, I just burst into tears now when this happens I am just so over it all.

mom1982
01-02-10, 09:13
My GP thinks the headaches are caused by a sinus problem & neck strain. My neck has been sore for 3 weeks now, headaches too. She said take Ibuprofem for a week & a course of antibiotics & then do a CT scan of the face to see what's going on with the sinuses. She will evaluate after that.

She didn't even mention the word tumour. I think it's unlikely that headaches alone are tumour symptoms. She said tension & stress cause pressure headaches too, apart from sinusitis.

Lauz
01-02-10, 10:01
That is good news.
Keep me posted on how everything is going.

My headache was awful this afternoon at work but this evening my neck has settled and so too has my headache ...
Will chat to my GP on Thurs and see what he thinks I should be doing to keep the headache and neck pain away. Have taken Ibuprofen etc but it doesn't seem to do anything for me :(

rooby
01-02-10, 10:12
hi

my doc says these are caused by the stress and anxiety. made worse then by worrying about them.
any of you get migraine with aura?
I get that and it freaks me out and now I am having panic attacks all the time as they start the same way

mom1982
01-02-10, 10:25
What does it mean with aura?

Lauz
01-02-10, 10:33
Dont yell at me for using google but I had no idea lol
Definition:

second phase of a Migraine with aura attack (previously called Classic Migraine). May present with varying symptoms including:

visual aura in which the patient sees flashing lights or zigzag lines, or may temporarily lose vision.
auditory aura in which the patient hears unusual sounds
olfactory aura in which the patient smells odors that aren't actually present
aphasia
others
Sometimes occurs shortly before a migraine headache begins. Auras may occur without headache.

Hmmmm something I have never had, I don't get miagraines.

Where in Aus are you?

mom1982
01-02-10, 10:43
Melbourne. You?

I don't think I've had migraines before. Just pressure headaches related to neck strain, sinus & anx/stress. But of course I keep thinking tumour :blush:

rooby
01-02-10, 10:43
the aura starts before the migraine, it is a strange tingling feeling and feeling of depersonalisation and a flashing spot occurs in the eyesight that spreads and pins and needles on hands and arms and sometimes on the lips. Believe me I have had enough of them to know and they are scary because there is nothing you can do to stop the physical symptoms and you just know you are going to be hit by a blinding headache.
So anytime I get a strange feeling I am not sure whether it is just a panic attack or a migraine starting and this has led me into a really scary place.

Lauz
01-02-10, 10:46
Melbourne too :) Come into the chat room

Yeah aura my fiance gets that, he gets miagraines thats how he knows he is going to get one. He gets blurred vision.

rooby
01-02-10, 10:50
well he really has my sympathy. they are horrible especially because you cannot tell when you are going to get one. I think I have developed a phobia over it.

Lauz
01-02-10, 10:51
at least u know what it is when it is happening which must be reassuring for you