PDA

View Full Version : Strange pain in head! =(

Ryan
21-01-10, 14:57
Before I start, I posted this in the health anxiety forum but I think that was the wrong place as its more of a symptom... So I'll put it here, feel free to close the other thread any mods or admins thanks!

-----------

Something I seem to be always worried about these days is brain tumours or aneurysms. Every little feeling in my head triggers me to feel uneasy.

But this had been made worse recently the past 2 or 3 days by a strange feeling I keep getting in the top left of my head... It's on and off every other second, feels like a sharp pain but not very painful. Almost like a pinched nerve or something! Sometimes, it feels like a cold sensation!

I'm 21 and I would say reasonably fit... No family history of either brain tumours or aneurysms but none the less i feel totally stressed out by this.

This time, I don't think I can put the pain down to just stress... I've been stressed and never had this before, really don't fancy going to a doctor though...

Either way, its making me right stressed out and unhappy... Weather its unfounded or not, I always worry when going to the toilet... yep lol! I'm worried that if I use any sort of 'force' for lack of better word, I'll burst and aneurysms in my brain... Honestly every time I even pee this is in my mind... It's terrible.

Can anyone put my mind to rest, should I go to the doctor? ... I'm really really not a fan of doctors...

loulabella
23-01-10, 19:44
I'd go to the docs hun. It really is prob nothing but it's prob easier if they tell you that rather than us... I suffer terrible headaches (everyday for 7 months) all apparently stress related. x x x

Balinese
25-01-10, 13:44
Not nice at all, and I really do understand your fears over this as i'm much the same!!!

Have you got any other symptons? I always tell myself if all I have is a pain in my head, and nothing else, then i'm probably fine. It seems to help me...

x