PDA

View Full Version : No support what so ever worried out of my mind

she1973
21-01-10, 18:07
I am posting again going out of my mind with worry this tickly throat and coughing nearly every waking minute of the day had it now for nearly 8 months had 2 chest x rays both come back clear numerous visits to the doctor he says my chest is clear etc etc just dont seem to get any support whatso ever from anyone!!!
so scared its lung cancer what the hell could it be

BornWorrier
21-01-10, 18:48
How strange! I've been getting the same thing - EXACTLY the same thing. Some days it's worse than others. Today's been fine, but yesterday I was coughing and clearing my throat all day.

In my case, I'm pretty sure it's post nasal drip - probably caused by smoking (*shame*).

Do you ever have sinus problems - do colds go straight to your sinuses? They do for me. I suspect that my sinuses are producing excessive mucus which is sliding into my throat and needing to be coughed up. Do you think this could be what's happening with you?

I don't think you have lung cancer - this would 100% have shown up on a x-ray. Honest. Also, after 8 months you'd be having a lot of other symptoms too by now.

:)

87sal87
21-01-10, 19:02
I'm having similiar troubles at the minute, it's been going on for a week or two now.
Really bad chest problems, rattling chest, shortness of breath (getting worse as the days go on it seems) & coughing my guts up (I've never smoked in my entire life so it's not that lol).
I'm worried sick about it myself but my doctor said not to worry & has sent me to the chest clinic, so just gotta cope until then.
I keep thinking it's a blood clot in my chest or again some kind of strange heart problem, but I'm trying to block that out for the time being...lol

Try not to worry hun, you're not alone.

Maj
21-01-10, 19:05
My friend had lung cancer and didn't even have a cough. The fact that your x-rays were clear is a great sign so please try and be reassured. Coughs can take a long time to go. As bornworrier says, it could be postnasal drip, such a common ailment. A nuisance I know, but absolutely nothing to worry about.
Myra:hugs:

Cell block H fan
21-01-10, 19:21
I am posting again going out of my mind with worry this tickly throat and coughing nearly every waking minute of the day had it now for nearly 8 months had 2 chest x rays both come back clear numerous visits to the doctor he says my chest is clear etc etc just dont seem to get any support whatso ever from anyone!!!
so scared its lung cancer what the hell could it be

What about an allergy? I only say that because my mum moved to a house which was on the road basically. She always had a tickly cough after that. Unexplained. She's a non smoker by the way, always lived a healthy lifestyle. She lived there about 3 years, thats how long she coughed for constantly. Then she moved to a house away from a road & it went.
That was a few years ago, all we can still put it down to is an allergy.
Maybe not the same allergy, but have you got a new pet in the last 8 months? Working in a different place? Anything you can think of at all?

she1973
21-01-10, 20:41
No nothing different has happened at all whats concerning me is this tickly cough and constant tickly sensation in my throat that causes me to cough until i cant get my breath... also now i have pain in my ribs and right shoulder that is my biggest worry of all and also i have noticed when i bend my nose drips like clear fluid had this yrs ago but i seem to notice it more now so depressed and anxious it's unbeliveable i dont work cause i cant due to my anxiety and depression every waking minute is a struggle for me

Neuro
22-01-10, 02:24
It sounds a bit like an allergy to me. My brother has a bad cough at the minute and he's had it literally a month and the doctor told him it's the after effects of having a virus. The thing with lung cancer is that you cough up blood with it.
I hope you feel better soon.

Brunette
22-01-10, 08:51
The drippy nose makes me think it could be allergic rhinitis or somthing like that.

Cell block H fan
22-01-10, 11:05
The drippy nose makes me think it could be allergic rhinitis or somthing like that.

Could be. Just seen this...
Post-nasal drip is mucus accumulation in the back of the nose and throat leading to, or giving the sensation of, mucus dripping downward from the back of the nose. One of the most common characteristics of chronic rhinitis is post-nasal drip. Post-nasal drip may lead to chronic sore throat (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=480) or chronic cough (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=1977).

tasia
22-01-10, 11:19
Hi there,
I have allergys and although mostly with me its the sneezing type you can have the tickly cough type allergy too.