PDA

View Full Version : Fellow ectopic beat sufferers - advice for my dental apt. tomorrow....

BornWorrier
21-01-10, 18:35
Hi guys

Could do with some common sense & reassurance to get me through the door of the dentist tomorrow!!!!

Having two extractions (yikes!) and while I've had local anaesthetic loads of times before with no ill effects, I've somehow got it into my head that this time it'll have a horrid effect on my heart, perhaps causing the ectopic beats to get out of control. I've gotten myself into a huge panic over this :(

So, I want to ask others who get ectopic beats how they coped with local anaesthetic at the dentist. Was there any effect at all?

I know how silly I'm being, but any words of wisdom would be VERY much appreciated right now :)

Maj
21-01-10, 18:44
I've never taken ectopic beats at the dentist but have been affected by the injection that has adrenaline. It makes my heart beat really fast and my legs get really weak and shakey. My dentist told me the last time I was there that they are tending not to use injections with adrenaline now. And you know what usually happens, to me anyway, you'll be okay at the dentist, it'll be afterwards the ectopics will start! So please try not to worry, I'm sure you be fine. Let us know how you get on.
Myra:hugs:

ames6767
21-01-10, 20:16
I went to the dentists last week and had a tooth extracted had no effects from injection did have a couple of ectopics in the evening but think it cos I got in a state. you will be fine xxxx

ames6767
21-01-10, 20:17
soory just realised this was last yr doh!!

ames6767
21-01-10, 21:08
Im really dizzy today. I was looking at the date you joined. Good luck