PDA

View Full Version : Breathing getting worse!

87sal87
21-01-10, 21:01
I'm really beginning to panic at the moment, my breathing has been really bad today, especially this afternoon. I was just sat at the laptop & it started.
I've got pressure & pain in my chest & back & it's really bad, I can't honestly breathe! :(
I'll be alright one minute then I'll have to take one big breath in, I wasn't even feeling anxious! :weep:

I can't breathe & it's worrying me so much, how can anxiety restrict my breathing like this? :weep:

I feel so desperate, I don't know what to do... sorry :(

Veronica H
21-01-10, 21:38
:bighug1:Sorry this is stressing you.

I have posted this advice before from the great Dr Weekes......A good exercise to stop rapid shallow breathing: lie flat on the floor or bed, bend knees and bring legs close to your body, keeping feet flat on the ground. Then place arms across chest, right hand grasping left shoulder, left hand grasping right shoulder. This produces abdominal breathing'.

The feeling that you can't breathe is caused by chest muscles tightening due to anxiety...Dr Weekes also says 'do not let it frighten you. Breathe as shallowly as you feel you must, but donot be concerned with what will happen because you breathe this way. Your respiritory centre will see that you inspire enough air, despite your effort to hinder it'.

Veronicax

Kasha
23-01-10, 00:10
Hello lovely.
I actually have this at the moment.
Ive had it on and off for months now.
I had it on Christmas day BADLY. (Theres a thread somewhere on here about it)
If you describe EXACTLY how you feel, Ill tell you if mine is the same.
Its awful, but it WILL GO. I promise. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ozpanic
23-01-10, 00:15
Also try putting one finger over a nostril, or under i should say block one. Then just breath through the one works for me every time...:yesyes: