PDA

View Full Version : New guy

aboudi audi
22-12-05, 21:58
Hello. had up to a year and a half ago been living a pretty wild life, and then I had my first panic attack, which took me in an ambulance to the hospital with the world spinning and me clutching my head. For two months after that day I couldn;t be left alone. I couldn't work, eat, sleep, think. I spent all my time going to doctors, Psychiatrists, convinced I had a tumour, or a bad heart, or cancer, or just about anything that my imagination could conjur. This finally subsided with the realization that I was truly dealing with symptoms brought on by anxiety. I turned down the Prozac and attempted to get my life back on course with the aid of cognitive/behavioral therapy, some good books, lots of creative projects and exercise. still, anxiety comes to me in waves leaving me feeling unreal, pent up. I still find it so odd that all these symptoms that come on individually or together that feel so wrong could be products of anxiety. I never get used to it. If I am not prepared I am immediately tossed back to square one. wierd. anyways this is supposed to be my introduction and I am really just going on a tangient, so, I am twenty seven, I live in Portland, Oregon, I am a student, a chef, a musician in two active bands, I ride a bicycle and a motorcycle, I am expecting a baby in three months which will be delivered at home(!!!) and, well, I guess that is pretty good. I have found that I feel best when learning and hearing about others who have or are experiencing the same thing and I hope to offer support to any of you out there who are in need of it as I am.

clickaway
22-12-05, 22:04
Welcome Aboudi,

You seem to have good things in place here to help you on your way.

I feel you'll get a lot out of this site.

Cheers,

Ray

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

jill
22-12-05, 22:18
Hi aboudi

WELCOME TO THE SITE

There are lots of nice people here who will help
and spport you.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX

Meg
22-12-05, 23:34
Hello and welcome,

Glad you're on the recovery path

I don't see active realxation in your list or nutitional input but as a chef I hope you have that covered too.

If you wild life included recreational drugs your periods of unreality could be throwbacks to that time which can take a while to get out of.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/healthanxiety.htm

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/symptoms.htm

First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

alexis
23-12-05, 00:00
Hi and welcome to the site.xx

love from Alexisxx

If I help one person today it was worth getting up.

trac67
23-12-05, 00:15
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care
Trac XXX

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

chucklehound
23-12-05, 07:32
Hi Aboudi and welcome to NMP where you will get lots of support snd make some new friends too!:D

Take Care

Chucklehound

xxxx

sueiamnew
23-12-05, 12:47
Welcome to the site Aboudi.