PDA

View Full Version : Should I take it considering the success of late??

loulabella
22-01-10, 09:18
Hey fellow sufferers...

I have been messed about with my meds for 7 months, suffering daily tension headaches and have just been given escitalopram to try - about my 5th medication. Citalopram, 20mg then 40mg in 2 weeks which gave me chronic headaches every afternoon?? Dathiapen - which helped the anxiety but left me with daily tension pain in temples etc (since oct). Added pregabalin which did help but my body rejected going higher. Stopped it, although tried it again and had a reaction :(. Came off the dathiapen as although I was not having panic attacks, my temple pain was not diminishing. Tried topomax for about 2 days but to be fair was withdrawing and probably blamed that on the topomax. Tried propranalol for a few days - urgh.... So, having been med free for a while and having accupunture for my headaches, I have been given Escitalopram. I have had it 2 days now and just keep putting it off. I am worried as citalopram gave me such blinding headaches (although took wonderfully 2 years ago at 40mg). Oh, prozac also gave me headaches (perhaps I can't take SSRI's?? :( ).. anyways... The main issue is headaches, most prob tension related but seeing a neurologist in 3 weeks (after waiting 4 months) - now, what do I do? Start this escitalopram or wait for neuro? I am struggling day to day and if this headache is nothing more serious than a psychogenic one, is delaying the possible help of escitalopram me being idle?

Words of advise would be much appreciated... :( x x x

mummy4
22-01-10, 21:03
hey there

i used to take citalopram 20mg years ago. i came off them after a few years. few months later i wanted to go back on meds but was petrified of the side effects so doc told me to try cipralex 5mg and i have been on this med for 4 years now. the side effects are nothing like i expected thank god!

hope this has helped a little :) xx

loulabella
23-01-10, 12:00
Do you have any se's at all? I think the main thing is the tension in my neck and shoulders causing the headaches - I coud be wrong hence the neuro but this has been going on 7 months. I am coping without anti d's and don't know if I should wait for the neuro to give me something incase they dont think escit is the best option? I say I am coping. I am not enjoying my life, I will each day away to see the neuro - it's like my life has been ruined for months. I just want to be who I was 8 months ago. I have been on so many drugs with so results that I just wonder if there is any hope for me. I look better since coming off everything. The AD's do wierd things to my skin, breakout etc and I look healthy again. Then again, I'd rather need coverup and foundation than deal with this pain everyday :(

ann01
23-01-10, 20:30
I am exactly the same I have an headache every single day in fact in never leaves me at all, I also have constant lightheaded, I have also been referred to neurologist, havent got appointment through yet though. I have constant tension in my neck shoulders and back.
I too have tried many different anti depressants, the doctor has now given my citralopram but been scared to take them, really think i should as I feel such a mess at the moment with worry panics and struggling going out because i am so off balance.
Hope you feel better soon
Ann x

mummy4
23-01-10, 21:05
i had few side effeccts but nothing like i expected i was little dizzy but then again im am on and off now but i think a lot of that is down to anxiety xx

loulabella
24-01-10, 19:37
I am exactly the same I have an headache every single day in fact in never leaves me at all, I also have constant lightheaded, I have also been referred to neurologist, havent got appointment through yet though. I have constant tension in my neck shoulders and back.
I too have tried many different anti depressants, the doctor has now given my citralopram but been scared to take them, really think i should as I feel such a mess at the moment with worry panics and struggling going out because i am so off balance.
Hope you feel better soon
Ann x

Yep, same here - never leaves. I am sick of it. 7 months and counting. I know how u feel. For you I think yes as you don't have an appointment yet - it could be a fair few weeks, so I would try them. Mine is in 2.5 weeks. I am going to try and hold out as I don't see the point in taking them if the neuro gives me something else... I just want this siffering to end. I know it's not life threatening (I hope!) and I should be grateful but my life has been ruined... :(

loulabella
24-01-10, 19:38
i had few side effeccts but nothing like i expected i was little dizzy but then again im am on and off now but i think a lot of that is down to anxiety xx

That's great! Yes, I get dozzy from anxiety and tension. I think I will leave the anti D's. Why take them for 2.5 weeks for the neuro to put me on something else?

:( Here is to hoping that one day we will be free of this pain.. x

KK77
25-01-10, 01:23
That's great! Yes, I get dozzy from anxiety and tension. I think I will leave the anti D's. Why take them for 2.5 weeks for the neuro to put me on something else?

I agree Lou, stay off all the ADs till you see neurologist. As a lot of your anxiety was being caused by your headaches I think it would be best to see what the neuro thinks. He/she may prescribe a completely different med.

I hope it all goes well for you. X