PDA

View Full Version : Just need some logical reassurance

j2
22-01-10, 15:23
I am on the edge of a full blown panic attach over a mole on my back. I can’t think of anything else and my mind is jumping to the worst conclusions. A little over a year ago I noticed a mole/scab on my left shoulder blade. It was approx 4 mm x 7 mm. I noticed it because it itched. I have very light skin that dries out very easily and I have lots of moles. Anyway, a few months a ago, I was spending lots of time in the pool and my skin was especially dry. The mole/scab actually fell off and grew back. It has bled a couple of time but does not appear to be growing. I can't afford a doctor's visit. If this were something bad wouldn't it have either grown out or down or wouldn't I be having physical problems by now? For what it is worth, I am a 38 yr old male. Sorry for the nearly incoherent post but I am truly just barely holding it together right now.

Maj
22-01-10, 15:28
It could be something completely innocent, but I don't think you'll be reassured until a doctor does see it. Moles don't all have to be dangerous!! Some people are covered in them. We are very fortunate in this country to be able to go to the doctor and/or hospital anytime. I feel for you. But until you get it checked out you'll not stop worrying - but remember, there's just as much chance, or more of a chance, that it's nothing!!
Myra:hugs::hugs:

suzy-sue
22-01-10, 15:32
I have one on my back ,the same thing happened ..Unless its growng and looks completely different there is nothing at all to worry about ..They can look like moles but sometimes they are a type of wart ...T/c Sue x

Balinese
22-01-10, 15:35
Really feel for you - I recently had a panic attack over a mole on my face.

Ok, sit down, try and control your breathing and tell yourself that you're ok.

However Suzy-sue is right, I don't think you will calm down until you have it checked out.

x

j2
22-01-10, 15:45
I do really appreciate your responses and I wish I could go to a doctor but it is either pay for food or go to the doctor and I have kids so unless something is really painful I just can't afford it. I am fighting the urge to google so can I someone tell me if the timeline is at least a reassurance meaning since I have had this for over a year and it hasn't killed me then I can at least take some solace?

Jayuk
22-01-10, 16:51
Well lets just all hope Obama can push this healthcare bill through for people like you.

J

x

RosieXXX
22-01-10, 17:01
Hello J2

How I feel for you - it is so hard to hold on to rationality when panic starts to surface. I agree with suzy- sue, and am certain that unless it has changed in shape or started to grow it is nothing to worry about. For goodness sakes don't google - accept that it has been there long enough not to be showing any signs of change.

lynn1960
22-01-10, 17:33
m having a rerally bad day today i am afraid of the feeling aniexty scares me will it ever go

j2
22-01-10, 19:07
Thanks Rosie, it is amazing how a few words from fellow sufferrers can change my day.

I will try to focus on the rational and not get too consumed.