PDA

View Full Version : Curious

MJDancer
03-02-04, 16:47
Just wondering if this is related to my attacks. - I went for an eye test recently and the optican said im long sighted (even though my sight has been abit blurry due to stress symtoms) but at work when im in the canteen playing pool after about 5 minutes i start having an anxiety attack, i get this quite alot so obliviously stopped playing. Anyone think this could be because im focusing on a close object when im long sighted so im straining my eyes, i also work on a VDU screen which doesnt help. Im in the process of purchasing glasses but again just curious. I am also getting pains in my hands but my palms go quite red and so do my knuckles any suggestions of what this could be???

sarah
03-02-04, 17:55
Hiya

You never know, maybe your body is subconcoiusly mistaking your short sightedness for the blurry feelings we sometimes get when we are anxious? best advice...see how you get on when u get your glasses?
no idea about your hands unless its the weather, is it cold where u are?

Sarah
xx

Lilith
03-02-04, 17:57
I just recently found a connection between my eyesight and my panic attacks! You know that weird, kind of unreal sensation you get when a PA is starting? Well, that was happening to me a lot in stores, especially in the supermarket. A couple of days ago my eyeglasses broke, and I had to go back to an old pair I had lying in a drawer, which have a weaker prescription. (I am nearsighted.) Since I changed my glasses, I have been much more comfortable in stores. I think the too-strong prescription was causing me discomfort in those situations (without my being aware of what was going on), and was mimicking the onset of a panic attack, which of course caused the panic cycle to kick in.

A nearsighted person wearing glasses that are too strong has essentially the same problem as a farsighted person, I'd guess, so maybe you're having the same problem I had.

Lilith
03-02-04, 17:59
Sarah, we must have been composing our posts at the same time. You said what I was trying to convey, but you did it in far fewer words, lol!

MJDancer
03-02-04, 18:03
Sarah & Lilith thanks for the reply.

Its not that cold down here, maybe it high blood pressure or something