PDA

View Full Version : Something to help get rid of the constant urge to take deep breaths?

Swiftly-
22-01-10, 20:02
Right, so i have the "anxiety" of always trying to take deep breaths.

However, i dont really have anything to be anxiious about, except this. It all started on one evening when i could not get to sleep.

And its been going on for 3 weeks

This is my main question for thoe who have had this.......

If i stop taking these deep breaths every 3 minutes, will it go away?

Thanks

carli
22-01-10, 20:21
hi i always get this. The more u take deep breathes the worse u will be. I know its difficult but try to fight the urge to do it hun and u will start to forget it. X

bottleblond
22-01-10, 21:02
Hi Swiftly

This is VERY common with anxiety.
The only advice i can give is if you focus on it, then it will continue! You have to distract yourself, try to keep busy because when you loose focus, it will go.

Lisa
x

Serendipity75
22-01-10, 21:36
hi swiftly
Erm, right, where do I start? I have suffered from anxiety for many years but, like you, I had the deep breathing thing for 3 weeks and got to the point I had to go to hospital. I thought it was my asthma. They diagnosed it as severe anxiety / panic. I went to my GP and he prescribed me diazepam and that really worked. I am now on citalopram and have diazepam in case it starts up. have you been to the doc regarding this? It is very unnerving isn't? Of course, this makes you even more anxious! In fact, it did my head in!
You say you have no reason to feel this way - is that definate? Or is there any underlying issues you have not dealt with?
Let me know how u are..
S x