PDA

View Full Version : Adivce Line?

(whythebrackets?)
22-01-10, 20:36
Hi, i have been on sertraline for about 15 months now, and have decided to take the therapy route as I do not feel it is helping. I have no one to advise me other than forums like this one as the doctor who put me on them signed me off and told me to carry on with the tablets, and wait for a refferal to see a CBT therapist. My G.P doesnt know anything about OCD, and having as i had a very unpleasant experience as i took to them i am on half a 50mg tablet a day. I tried to come off them of my own accord, and experienced side effects worse than when i started the course. I cannot seem to find any advice lines so i can get professional advice, can anyone help with a number or where i can get one? Ta.

Maj
22-01-10, 22:22
I still think you should do it under supervision of your doctor. Your health comes first. I didn't have a lot of problems coming off sertraline a few years ago, I remember just cutting down gradually over a week or two. But my doctor was aware of this. And you want to do what's best for you. Maybe it is too soon to come off them and it's your body's way of letting you know. If you are still determined then you can always phone NHS direct for advice.
Myra:hugs: