PDA

View Full Version : Set back...

Ozpanic
23-01-10, 00:01
Hi guys been a while, i really need to post more. Well the last say 2months my agora has been getting steadily worse. Now when i go out i get really dizzy, never had that to that extent before. I will go somewhere with my friend/carer and then i will freak go no i cant go in there alone?...:weep::weep: when previously i did, for instance weekly i got to pick up my meds, i used to go in alone, now i need them to come with me (reassurance), i did go in alone last week, but i knew it would happen Bham!!!!!!!!!! Panic attack while waiting in the pharmacy. Was god awfull, you cant seem to focus on what people say , and i felt like i was near running out without the script..... I'm not sure what's triggering it though, life seems ok so why now?????? Insomnia has come back too a tiny bit.... and when i dont get my sleep things are 10x fold....... Anyhow just getting so tired of this damn thing really, :doh::doh: and i dont quite know where to start to get back on track again, since most days i dont want to leave the house....... And when i do i am 100% Exhausted...thanks BC

Maj
23-01-10, 09:53
Hello,

Agoraphobia is something I haven't experienced, but I can tell you that my mum had it about 25 years ago. She says she couldn't have had it any worse and that it was a living hell. The only way she got through it was to read a Claire Weekes book and follow her advice. She didn't recover overnight but she completely recovered. Like my mum I am an anxious person, and I don't think we'll really completely change, but you can learn to live with anxiety and it's symptoms. Don't despair. We all get setbacks once in a while. I'm just going through one. But I know that it will pass. Please get that book and practise the advice and go over and over any paragraphs that make you feel better. You can recover from agoraphobia.
Myra:hugs:

bellabessnjet
23-01-10, 10:51
Hi,
Dont know about agoraphobia, but I had a big set back over christmas. Like an idiot I reduced my meds, and wasn't doing the techniques Im learning at CBT. Started know taking meds properly and vit b again, doing the cbt stuff and feeling a little better. Setbacks are just that a setback, you were doing well before and you can do it again. Has anything happened to increase your stress/anxiety levels maybe thers been a trigger that can explain it.
Good luck to you, try to stay strong
Angela :hugs:

Ozpanic
24-01-10, 00:07
Hello,

Agoraphobia is something I haven't experienced, but I can tell you that my mum had it about 25 years ago. She says she couldn't have had it any worse and that it was a living hell. The only way she got through it was to read a Claire Weekes book and follow her advice. She didn't recover overnight but she completely recovered. Like my mum I am an anxious person, and I don't think we'll really completely change, but you can learn to live with anxiety and it's symptoms. Don't despair. We all get setbacks once in a while. I'm just going through one. But I know that it will pass. Please get that book and practise the advice and go over and over any paragraphs that make you feel better. You can recover from agoraphobia.
Myra:hugs:

Hi Myra thanks i have that book upstairs i am going to rip it out again and read and re-read it thanks :yesyes: