PDA

View Full Version : It can be done

Keitharcher
23-12-05, 15:03
As a few of you might know, I was diagnosed with anxiety and depression a few months ago, I was really down and sucidal, so much so that I was refferred to the crisis centre. I found this site and talked to the people on it that gave me encoragement along with the hospital. Over the past few weeks I have a lot of trials, a big birthday which actually went of quite well, so much so I was determined to overcome this horrible thing.

My wife and I had booked a joliday to Egypt, a cruise which scared me to death, so much so that I did every thing to get out of going. However, I realised that it would be a dispaointment to my wife if I did. At the same time I started to relaise that life wasnt to bad and maybe worth going on with. So I took stock. I relaised that for years that I had beem work oriented, it had caused me to be blinkered, to push long term friends away, alienate me from everybody especially any form of society contact that didnt include teaching. I was becoming very introverted.

At this point I decided to stop and take the time to talk to people and smell the flowers once again. This was a turning point, from here I went from strength to strength, facing each new day as a challenge with a smile, yes they were coming back as well.

With trepedation I went om holiday to a land I find fascinating, Egypt, the journey started with me very worried. I was wasting my time worrying, we had a great time, we saw Petra, in Jordan, a wonderful place, re-visted the pymerids, the nile, the sphinx etc. The boat was great we had good entertainment and it was warm and sunny. By the second day I could feel the old me resurging, the one pre this horrible thing, it felt good.

We are back and franctically trying to get ready for xmas, but there is laughter in the house, I have my sense of humour back, I am looking forward and not back. I will make a docs appointment, I dont think I need the meds anymore.

The wole point of this post is to encourage others, if i can do it so can you, please believe in yourself remember what life is like without this thing and try to regain it. Dont be ashamed it is an illnes that can be treated and if I am anything to go by can be cured. I can see trees not just wood, am not as fragile as i was and feel good ready to go onwards and upwards, please join me.

Keith

carldourish
23-12-05, 15:06
What a wonderful message Keith. I believe others will take your message to heart.

Have a wonderful xmas, and an even better New Year!!!!!!

Carl

Meg
23-12-05, 15:07
What wonderful news Keith.

Many many congratulations for turning the corner and coming out ahead...

Love

Meg x

alexis
23-12-05, 15:32
Hi Keith, many thanks for that, I too am over the worse but still feel have quite a way to go but what a lovely positive post before Christmas ,many thanks.xxx
We are venturing to Egypt hopefully in the summer, we were supposed to go last year but had to re locate due to the sharmal-sheikh bombings the week before.

love from Alexisxx

If I help one person today it was worth getting up.

desperate
23-12-05, 15:59
Well done Keith!

I find Egyptians interesting too, I used to love reading about the pyramids and things when i was younger!

Sarah

Karen
23-12-05, 18:04
Well done Keith. Glad you are feeling so much better.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

tammyg
23-12-05, 18:16
Wow, what a positive post! Thanks for sharing that.

Tammy x

pips
23-12-05, 18:45
Well done Keith what a lovely post with such POSITIVITY that's great! Keep up the good work.

Take Care,

Love Pip's X

nomorepanic
27-12-05, 18:38
Keith

I am so chuffed for you and a big well done for all you have achieved.

Nicola

Keitharcher
27-12-05, 19:55
Thanks for all your replies, I seem to go from stength to strength, I just hope that nothing is there to trip me up its so good to start feeling like myself should feel again. Dont forget if i can do it, you all can I have great in fatih in your ineer strength

Keith

freakedout
27-12-05, 23:27
This post Keith was very inspiring, you have done very well and deserve all the credit you get for it. Good luck with your future and heres hoping you continue to stay well.

I hope you manage to come off the meds ok,

All the best,

Louisa

RobyBaggio18
28-12-05, 12:40
Well done mate

I went to Egypt in the summer while in an acute anxiety state, unfortunately Im still trying to push through it but I feel the holiday was important.

Sounds like you've really taken hold of it.

Mark.

DagoGirl
28-12-05, 16:08
Thats great Keith! I teared up a bit when I read your post because I so desperatly want to feel as you do! I hope you get off the meds successfully and Id love to know how that goes. What are you taking? Chrissy

Keitharcher
28-12-05, 20:39
Im taking citalpragm at 20 mg But at my next regular appointmen im going to ask to come off them. Things are just great have even started to lose weight which chuffs me up maybe 2006 is going to be my year

Keith