PDA

View Full Version : Feeling Panicky

Frankie23
23-01-10, 15:48
Stupidly over exceeded my wine intake last night and now i feel rubbish havent felt this bad in months wish my other half was home

borup
23-01-10, 15:52
I did the exact same thing last night and feel exactly as you :) not so much of a hangover, just the panic feelings and heart awareness. we'll be fine :)

Frankie23
23-01-10, 15:53
I know i keep being sick and shaky - deffo learnt my lesson cant even unwind until 7ish when my little boy will be in bed

Damn symptoms

BexieB
23-01-10, 16:05
Hi Frankie

I know how you feel, alcahol really is a bad idea with anx/depression. I had two glasses of wine the other night. I had been feeling really good on my new meds and thought it couldn't do any harm. It was a very bad move, my other half was off to Australia the next day for 2 months, that coupled with the booze has sent my mood down the pan. Sleep has gone to pot again. I made this mistake before, it think it's better to steer clear of booze completely.

Love and Hugs
Bexie

Frankie23
23-01-10, 16:08
I think i am going to do that i aint on any medication or anything do have a couple of diazapam knocking about from last time do you reckon one of those might help?

BexieB
23-01-10, 16:19
1 or 2 diaz wouldn't hurt. I've had a few alcahol induced blips, they always pass. The trouble is when you feel 'good' you want to do normal things, and in our culture what's more normal than having a few drinks. But we have to remember that anx/depression is an illness that needs ongoing maintainence and not drinking is part of that.

Love and Hugs
Bexie

Frankie23
23-01-10, 16:50
Thanks for the above its encouraging and helps you feel bit better - think il have one around 6 when my boy is in bed that way if i get sleepy I can sleep

BexieB
23-01-10, 17:59
I've just taken a diaz myself, but they don't seem to have much of an effect on me. Took 5mg last night before bed and still woke up in panic. They seem to work well for others, but i don't get much of an effect myself.

Hope u feel better soon
Bexie

Frankie23
23-01-10, 18:35
They tend to relax me i dont take them very often only when im really bad here's hoping we both have a peaceful night x

BexieB
24-01-10, 09:21
Hi Frankie

How did you get on with the diaz? hope you had a good night. I got quite a good night's sleep, a solid 6 hours, but anx very high this morning.

Love ang Hugs
Bexie