PDA

View Full Version : How many of us are being treated?

SleeplessFog
23-01-10, 22:38
Just wondering....how many of us are being treated for our health anxiety, either by our GPs, or a therapist/counselor (like CBT, meds, etc).

I am going to a counselor biweekly and doing CBT. Its not all for HA though, my person specializes in grief counseling and counseling for those with physical illness. My sister died 3 years ago after a lifetime of battling life threatening illness. After she passed I didn't talk to anyone around me about it, which was a horrible idea now that I look back on it. That combined with an actual illness this past year has made me really hypersensitive to my health.

kath135
23-01-10, 23:51
I'm having treatment for H/A Meds and therapy, I must admit the meds have been better for me then the therapy, I enjoyed the the therapy but after five years of suffering with H/A I've read the book and worn the tee shirt.

Typer
24-01-10, 00:45
I'm having treatment for H/A Meds and therapy, I must admit the meds have been better for me then the therapy, I enjoyed the the therapy but after five years of suffering with H/A I've read the book and worn the tee shirt.

How have the meds helped and what are they, if you dont mind me asking

SamanthaAU
01-02-10, 11:37
I started my first CBT session today and will be going back next week.

I have also previously been on meds, but found they dulled everything not necessarily made it better.