PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried salt?

Typer
24-01-10, 01:40
I read an article, which I cannot find saying water and salt can cure ectopics? Anyone heard of this?

I also came across this about magnesium:

http://www.ctds.info/heart-palpitations.html

nomorepanic
24-01-10, 01:47
I am no sure salt is a cure or a good idea.

Typer
24-01-10, 01:56
That's what I thought...but it did say a pinch of salt on the tongue can stop them? Seems odd though. If I find it I'll post it to see what you think

darrenc
24-01-10, 08:22
Having a salty meal will cause me to be nervous; rather like drinking coffee.

peter34uk
27-01-10, 17:37
I have to say that ive stopped ALL caffeine & started eating bananas everyday & drinking decaffe tea.

Marks & Spencer Fair Trade Decafe is the closest ive found to tasting like normal tea!

I tell you what, Ive hardly had ANY since I done the change.

I hope to god im not speaking to soon & will suddenly get them again, but ive changed my diet, cut out the caffeine, inc chocolate & I dont get them like i did.

Its defo worth a try.

BUT defo dont forget to eat at least 1 banana a day because it increases ur magnessium levels!

Alisonj
27-01-10, 17:40
I would say its a bad idea, sodium is never great and it is very simple to meet your recommended amounts. Very easy. It will just raise bp and more

nooniegirl
27-01-10, 18:11
I am in the middle of being tested for Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia and f my biggest symptoms are racing heart, dizziness and faints. They had originally put this down to anxiety. The consultant I saw last advised I increase my salt, he actually said salt on everything and my fluid intake!

looking4answers
27-01-10, 23:31
Its funny when i was a child my mother told me to put a little ammonia and Im talking a very little bit in a glass of water and drink it..Don't know where she got that at..but I only did it one time and then worried that It might poison me..I have no idea where she got that from but it didn't work but it did make me worry about being poisoned instead of having ectopics lol I guess I wasn't poisoned but looking back Im wondering what she was thinking lol....