PDA

View Full Version : Symptom?

carli
24-01-10, 11:06
Hellllllllo...me again,lol. Just wondering if anyone else suffers from a sore neck? I do down my left side of my neck it feels tender to move? And when i rub it its feels lovely :D but i when i stop it really hurt? Any ideas guys? xx

RosieXXX
24-01-10, 12:28
Hi carli,

It sounds like you may have a stiff muscle, perhaps you have slept on it awkwardly. I sometimes get a stiff neck, as you say it tends to ease when you give it a massage. I find wearing a scarf keeps is warm and helps, I am certain it isn't anything serious, and am sure you will find it will improve. xx

mom1982
24-01-10, 12:35
ive been having a sore neck(right side) for over a wk now. bad posture & sleeping habits. my physio told me the best thing to do is use an ICE pack, not heat. 15mins at a time, 2-3 times a day. Mine's pretty bad, pain radiates down my arm & into the shoulder blade. That was my physio's instructions.

margaret jones
24-01-10, 13:41
Carli Hi sorry you have a bad neck , i am sure it is just that your posture either sitting or in bed is the cause .My neck and shoulder and arm have been painfull and doing some excersise that my Physio gave me have helped loads .

Take Care Margaret

carli
31-01-10, 16:04
Hi margaret, it was like it when i woke up? Must have slept funny or something although it still bothers me now? xx

rebeccad
31-01-10, 16:11
hi i also have had a bad neck, it has been bothering me for about a week now and am trying hard not to relate it the my ms worry buts its hard :-(

carli
31-01-10, 16:17
I think i spoke to you before and you posted me that message about ms? Am i right? xx

rebeccad
31-01-10, 18:40
yes, thats right sometimes im ok and think im just being silly, but then other times it hits me in the pit of my stomach and i feel totally sick at the thought, dont know why really though i dont really know that much about the disease only that its so unpredictabe and i think that is what scares me i like to know exactly what is happening, have you had any tests?

carli
31-01-10, 19:05
Hi rebecca, i think what scares me is the uncertainty of the whole ms thing. I am booked to see a nero on the 8 of march and see what they say. My gp did some basic nerve and strength test and said it all seemed fine. Have you had any tests done? xx

rebeccad
31-01-10, 20:37
hi, i have seen my gp many many times who did my reflexes and also the optician who looked at my optic nerve both said fine but its that feeling that they have missed something you feel fine for a few hours/days then it slowly comes back. I think you are very brave going to see a neuro i would love to but am not brave enough, my doc wont refer me but my parents said they would pay private just to put an end to it all but im so scared of being told i have it, good luck im sure you will be fine xxxx

carli
31-01-10, 20:42
I have to know hun...otherwise i will spend forever obsessing ovet this. I need proof to say im not before i can let go. Crazy i know. xx

rebeccad
31-01-10, 20:51
i totally understand and only wish i could do the same, does your doctor think there is any chance?

carli
31-01-10, 21:06
Well she is part of the reason im in a panic.....i asked her if it could be ms and she yes could be possible!!!! Even though she said reflexs was fine! She said its neropathy! :(

rebeccad
31-01-10, 21:08
so what is neropathy then? oh god theres another one i could have lol, i wont be googling thats a fact. Why did she think it was ms?

carli
31-01-10, 21:12
Lol...neropathy means it brain related i think :unsure: She did not say why, perhaps she would have said nothing if i had not asked? She is not very helpful, hardly says 2 words. Hubby was really annoyed when i came out (in floods of tears) and told him what she had said. As she must know through looking at my history that i worry! But i will have something to panic over untill march now :scared15: I have an apt with the thyroid dr tomorrow so who knows...this could all be my thyroid. xx

rebeccad
31-01-10, 21:15
have you thought about seeing a different doctor? 2 doctors at my surgery both say they dont think i have ms and believe me ive pestered them with just about every symptom. I think if you did have ms symptoms would not be vague they would be full on and you would not be able to walk or something dramatic. Im sure you will be fine xxx

carli
31-01-10, 21:19
I have just moved so had to go to new drs, my old dr was lovely :( I have read syptoms where peoples ms have started with them having a tingle in various parts of there body or a burning patch of skin and i get both so im not sure and will have to wait. Its going to be the longest wait of my life. :( xx

rebeccad
31-01-10, 21:22
im sure you will be fine and remember these people that write these things on the net are free to write anything they like, it is always the worst case scenarios that you read and i think it is very rare for it to be only slight symptoms. You only have to look on here at how many people have the same symptoms and have turned out to be fine all the best xxx

carli
31-01-10, 21:24
Yeah i know thanks hun xx