PDA

View Full Version : Feeling sick after eating

Cat80
24-01-10, 11:33
At the moment I don't know what is wrong with me. I feel queasy all the time anyway which is I think down to anxiety but may be the contraceptive pill I'm on for my periods (feel sicker each day since I went on these over 2 years ago). At the moment though after everything I eat even if it's just a slice of toast or a yoghurt I feel really sick and I don't know why. It's doing my head it. I'm also getting a lot of lower abdominal pains like there is loads and loads of gas there but the thing is it's not trapped (if you know what I mean lol). My bowel has slowed right down again to going only maybe twice a week.

For the last 14 days I've been doing to Activia challenge where you eat a pot of their yoghurt and it's supposed to help with bloating, IBS etc. Well I've never felt so rough so I'm wondering if it could be down to these raspberry yoghurts or just coincidental? I know it's not go enough probiotic in it to give me the herx reaction.

mom1982
24-01-10, 12:04
Hi i think the nausea & abdominal pains are caused by anxiety. I've been getting them recently as well. nausea after meals & i get lots of odd pains in my tummy, under the ribs & below the abdomen. I believe it's anx symptoms. When you stop focusing on them, they might go away. I've been focusing and stressing a lot on my headaches recently and have not even realised if i feel nauseas after meals anymore. I just remembered it again after reading your post. You might be feeling bad cause you're constipated. Try more fiber, fruit juices/water, & less sugar. Don't overdo the yogurt.

Cat80
24-01-10, 12:46
Thanks for the reply mom1982. I definately think some of my pain and nausea is down to anxiety. It's just this last week or it's been really bad even though my anxiety hasn't been. It doesn't feel like a bug but like something has messed up my system. The only thing I've done differently is a couple of weeks ago I started a healthy eating diet so I've cut out chocolate, take aways etc and I only drink decaf tea. I also started taking Activia yoghurts at the same time to see if they helped with the stomach pains and nausea. I feel worse though, really sick, stomach pains, loads of gas etc. I've just this second looked up Activia and seems a lot of people have felt like this on it. I've only got 2 yoghurts left so am stopping them and seeing if that makes a difference.

Lilica-Demetier
24-01-10, 20:25
Sounds definitely like anxiety. I've been suffering from it, it's horrible, makes me feel really depressed. I've started taking 1 to 2 pieces of crystalised ginger, apparently good for nausea starting from today. I tell you how that goes..

Camomile tea or peppermint is also good for relaxing the stomach or maybe take kalms.

Have you ever tried the Innocent smoothie drinks? I drink one glass in the evening. It's packed with fibre. Drink plenty of water too and take some exercise everday if you don't already.

Tell me if you find anything that helps you.

joans60
24-01-10, 21:12
Hi Cat80
I am having the same problem as you
I am bloated and very windy and neausea after eating
I have also been taking the activia as well
My bloatedness is right upto underf my bust and it is solid
I thought mine might be constipation but I am going to the toilet but not as much
Mine seems to wake me in a morning as well.
If you find anything for yours let me know.

Joanx

Andyroo
25-01-10, 09:47
Hey there:)

Im sorry your feeling abit down and sick :hugs:

I always feel sick after i eat as well for my its acid reflux

My doctor always tells me my acid reflux has a lot to do with my anxiety

I know a few others that feel sick to after eating who also suffer from anxiety

You might be suprised how many other people feel the same as you after eating :ohmy:

i hope you feel better soon :noangel:

mom1982
25-01-10, 10:17
How many hours after eating does the nausea last for all of you? Mine lasts up to 3 hours. is that part of anxiety?

Cat80
25-01-10, 11:28
My nausea can last all day but it's worse a few hours after eating.

I've stopped taking the Activia 2 days ago as I read some horror stories on the internet about it causing bloating, nausea, gas, cramps etc (happens a lot). I'm going to see if I feel any better in the next few days with this out of my system (feel drained today) and if not I will be back at my Dr's again.